PDA

View Full Version : Linux web site

leg
August 31st, 2008, 01:57 PM
I would like to build a site that is of use to the Linux community. What do you think would be useful in such a site? Do you think enough such sites already exist? What services should it contain?

Thanks.

EnGorDiaz
August 31st, 2008, 02:11 PM
no there is not enough linux sites around maybe better support services tools on programming etc let me know if you make one

DemonBob
August 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Honestly the best thing would be a blog, to blog about your experiance with Linux, issues you've had and how you fixed them. You'd be surrprised how many solution's people find to thier issues from someone's blog.

techmarks
August 31st, 2008, 02:15 PM
I would like to build a site that is of use to the Linux community. What do you think would be useful in such a site? Do you think enough such sites already exist? What services should it contain?

Thanks.

I could think of alot of different ideas.

But I would like to see a repository for information about the documentation for the programming tools, maybe info on good tutorials and getting started examples...etc

mellowd
August 31st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Honestly the best thing would be a blog, to blog about your experiance with Linux, issues you've had and how you fixed them. You'd be surrprised how many solution's people find to thier issues from someone's blog.

True, I started a blog just for my own personal linux use. Thousands of people have found is useful though :)

leg
August 31st, 2008, 06:12 PM
Excellent ideas people blogging experiences/tuts will be in it. I do feel that there is a ton of documentation out there so maybe a directory of links to a lot of that.

Keep ideas coming and I will post here when I am done.

Canis familiaris
August 31st, 2008, 06:37 PM
I thinking creating a Wiki and a blog would be a good idea.

Mr. Picklesworth
August 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
What I have been wishing for is a podcast that aggregates content from all the myriad of Linux video and audio podcasts out there as well as things that aren't podcasts, like interesting tech demos.
We have relevant blog aggregators (GNOME Planet, for example), but that would be a cool spot to link to for multimedia content.

leg
August 31st, 2008, 06:52 PM
What I have been wishing for is a podcast that aggregates content from all the myriad of Linux video and audio podcasts out there as well as things that aren't podcasts, like interesting tech demos.
I like the sound of that do you have any addresses for the kind of sites you are talking about.

toupeiro
August 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
Go to site: www.appdeploy.com

Now, make this for FOSS, and people will flock! :-D

leg
August 31st, 2008, 11:00 PM
Go to site: www.appdeploy.com

Now, make this for FOSS, and people will flock! :-DThat is a challenge I fancy taking on.