PDA

View Full Version : Download Speed/ Problems Installing

YFinder
August 31st, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hi all, What is the recommended speed then? I d/l'd, burned and during install (after the 7 steps) the PC just shuts off and reboots.

Now, I AM trying to do this via VMware, but have never had a problem before with other OS's. Anyone have any experience with this .iso shutting down the system? I thought it was odd that the whole system shut down and not just the VM for restart...

Anyway, guess I will try the x86 version as well and see what that does.

Thanks for all the help!!!!

Sef
August 31st, 2008, 07:23 AM
Hi all, What is the recommended speed then?

It's 4x or less.

I d/l'd, burned and during install (after the 7 steps) the PC just shuts off and reboots.

Does the Live CD run without any problems?

YFinder
August 31st, 2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks Sef,

I didn't try the live... I will try and get back. If not, I will also re-burn @4X and post results here. It is an interesting phenomenon.

YFinder
August 31st, 2008, 07:58 AM
Live works... trying to install from the "Live Desktop - Install option" instead of the CD.

Arrrrrrgh! that didn't work either. I am now going to burn @4X and try again. M5d validated... wonder what the problem could be.

Ok, that didn't work either. Created full VM formatted for Linux Ubuntu 64bit, was only able to burn @10x lowest speed. Booted with the disk, checked disk via dashboard option - All was ok. Chose install option, shut the whole system down during "Installing System" @ 25%. I can't get this thing to install, and the sudden power off is killing my normal OS.

Anyone have any suggestions? Going to try the x86 version next.

YFinder
August 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM
Bump... any suggestions out there?