PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used NewBiiz.com?

MaindotC
August 31st, 2008, 05:48 AM
I want to buy the iTalent (http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MP4_I51SL) and the Super Talent (http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MP4_2802K4) but I'm afraid this looks like some sort of scam. Has anyone used this? I really want a combo camera/media player/organizer and this was the best I could find for the lowest price. It's like an iPhone but w/o the phone.

zmjjmz
August 31st, 2008, 06:08 AM
I'd recommend googling it, or checking sites like Gizmodo or Engadget to see if it was announced or something.

MaindotC
August 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM
Believe it or not I already thought of that which is why I'm posting on UF.

Newuser1111
August 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM
I want to buy the iTalent (http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MP4_I51SL) and the Super Talent (http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=MP4_2802K4) but I'm afraid this looks like some sort of scam. Has anyone used this? I really want a combo camera/media player/organizer and this was the best I could find for the lowest price. It's like an iPhone but w/o the phone.In the links, ewiz.com has a virus.(http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ewiz.com
What's NewBiiz.com?

MaindotC
August 31st, 2008, 02:16 PM
NewBiiz is the actual business name of the ewiz.com site. I took the plunge and ordered the iTalent and the Super Talent - my main concern is whether they're sending me a kit that I have to solder everything together or if I get the actual product advertised.

When I placed the order, there was an option for full assembly & testing for $35. It seems odd that they would ship a media player in pieces but I guess we'll find out.

MasterJS
August 31st, 2008, 02:21 PM
I live in Honduras, where imitation iPods like that can be seen everywhere and are sold for about that price. So I think you'll probably get a package, but on the topic of whether or not you'll get it already assembled, i guess you'll have to hope it is.

MaindotC
August 31st, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hey, MasterJS - thanks for the reply. I can see your viewpoint and yeah it is an imitation iPod but I couldn't find an iPod or similar w/ a camera and I found it suspicious that this one DID have a camera and for such a low price. I'll keep you updated to let you know how it goes. Maybe I'll post a box opening video.

LeviStanford
September 6th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Hey,guys.How is your "plunge" going on? I want to buy a Gaming keyboard, and i find ewiz's price is always the lowest.Some items' price is so low that I really cann't believe it.I'm afraid this looks like some sort of scam, too.Please keep
updating to let me know how it goes.
:lolflag:

Warpnow
September 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I buy similar thinks from the site dealexteme.com, who also sells imitation ipods and I have found them to be acceptable.

They won't last you years, but if it breaks, you can usually buy 5 more for the cost of the real one. :-p

One thing...imitation Mp3/video players, in my experience have:

1. Very crappy transfer software, or none at all, and you have to do it yourself and its guesswork getting the videos to look right.

2. Terrible menus.

Just my input.

MaindotC
September 6th, 2008, 05:14 AM
There was a problem w/ my shipping address but I got it worked out. I spoke with representative Grant Zhao and it's on its way. The provide tracking information and so forth. I'll let you know if I get a kit or an assembled player/camera. I'd do a box opening video but I need the camera to tape it which is in the box :) Stay tuned!

MaindotC
September 11th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Sup guys. Hope you're still subscribed to thread :)

I got my I*Talent and my Super*Talent today and I am pleasantly surprised. I couldn't do a box-opening video because I needed the media players to do the video :( ANYWAY, the I*Talent is nice so far. The keypad is sufficient but I'll have to be extra careful - looks like it may come off or is somewhat loose. The interface altogether is rather welcoming - nice graphics, keys are easy to press, and the design is enticing. It gives me a good feeling to hold it and browse it.

When I ordered it, there was an option to have it assembled for an extra $35 - this lead me to believe I'd be sent a kit. However, it's already fully assembled and each section of the player has "PASSED" stickers on them so I guess that means it was tested. It has usb/fireware connector so it recharges and exchanges files just fine. It's mountable as a regular flash drive in Hardy. It also came with some software - something about converting video to the proper format. The software installed without any errors in wine but I haven't had any trouble moving video to the I*Talent in regular nautilus operations. I only tried an MP4 and no problems w/ video and audio. Camera is great - 2 megapixel and records video so I can start uploading some stuff to youtube :) You can even connect it via 1394/usb and use it as a webcam - still testing this: lsusb says "Mentor Graphics" so I'll have to start googling.

The software is a bit slow. There are some issues like navigating from one menu item to the next and there's a tiny bit of delay in between. I've had to reset it a few times for lockup issues but I played it for the full 4 hours and didn't have any problems.

So far this is a great value for $25. I'll have to be extra careful with it - not as rugged as an ipod - but for the price I can't complain.

I dunno about the Super*Talent. It's like an iMate but I can't get it to mount so we'll see where that goes.