PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange error message

dunbrokin
August 30th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Aug 31 03:54:36 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Aug 31 03:54:57 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded - The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached
Aug 31 03:55:26 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Aug 31 03:56:07 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded - The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached
Aug 31 03:56:54 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Aug 31 03:57:22 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded - The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached
Aug 31 03:58:12 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Aug 31 03:58:57 PJ NetworkManager: <info> Error getting killswitch power: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded - The maximum number of pending replies per connection has been reached

Anybody know what is going on here?

nicedude
August 31st, 2008, 12:55 AM
Here is a debian netowrk manager bug report on this

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=456363

Hope that helps you figure out what is going on, network manager works for me though so only thing I know to tell you is to start the system updater and see if there are some updates for your system as it could fix it ( it is marked as closed on the debian bug reports which should mean someone fixed the problem and I hope the fix made it to Ubuntu already as an update might fix it )

If you can't find the system updater then here is a command to do the same thing from a terminal

sudo apt-get update

hope this helps :-)

dunbrokin
August 31st, 2008, 04:57 AM
Here is a debian netowrk manager bug report on this

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=456363

Hope that helps you figure out what is going on, network manager works for me though so only thing I know to tell you is to start the system updater and see if there are some updates for your system as it could fix it ( it is marked as closed on the debian bug reports which should mean someone fixed the problem and I hope the fix made it to Ubuntu already as an update might fix it )

If you can't find the system updater then here is a command to do the same thing from a terminal

sudo apt-get update

hope this helps :-)

Thanks, I will check it out...