PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Lotus Symphony doesn't show-up in menu

x1a4
August 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Hi,

I installed IBM's Lotus Symphony (productivity suite), but it doesn't show-up in Xfce's menu. So I replaced its launcher with my own, but that doesn't display Symphony either. Other launchers work well. When I change or add one, the changes are recognized at once. What's wrong with this launcher? Thank you.

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=IBM Lotus Symphony
GenericName=Symphony Productivity Suite
Comment=Word Processor, Presentation App, Spreadsheet
MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation-template;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer;application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.impress;application/vnd.sun.xml.impress.template;application/vnd.sun.xml.calc;application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template;application/msword;application/vnd.ms-word-template;application/rtf;application/vnd.ms-powerpoint;application/vnd.ms-powerpoint-template;application/vnd.ms-excel;application/vnd.ms-excel-template;application/vnd.lotus-lwp;application/vnd.lotus-mwp;application/vnd.lotus-prz;application/vnd.lotus-mas;application/vnd.lotus-smc;application/vnd.lotus-1-2-3;application/vnd.lotus-12m
Exec="/opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony/framework/shared/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.productivity.tools.standalone.addin_3.0.1. 20080602-1703/apps/IBM Lotus Symphony" %U
Icon=/opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony/framework/shared/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.productivity.tools.standalone.addin_3.0.1. 20080602-1703/icons/symphony32.ico
Terminal=false
Hidden=false
Categories=Application;Office;GTK;
StartupNotify=false
Encoding=UTF-8

x1a4
September 4th, 2008, 04:40 AM
bump
anyone -|

mixmaster
September 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Complete shot in the dark.

The exec line is very long, maybe you are tripping over some internal limit.

Create a shell script to start symphony, make sure it works and then create a launcher for the shell script instead.

x1a4
September 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM
The exec line is very long, maybe you are tripping over some internal limit.
Already thought of that, and that's not it. It does show up in other GUIs like LXDE and FVWM-Crystal, so it's probably an Xfce thing.

tdd
September 9th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Maybe you should try posting this in the Linux support forum for Symphony:

http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/installForum.nsf/AllDateThreadedWeb?OpenView&RestrictToCategory=Linux

gramound
September 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I just resolved a similar issue with Lotus Notes: add a "TryExec=" line with the path to the same executable as your "Exec" line.

artemis761
December 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I had a similar issue with Lotus Symphony 3.0. The first thing to check is that the application launches via terminal. Use the "symphony" command.

Then edit the Main menu to create a application launcher. The attached screen shot [Lotus.png] shows the properties.

Note: The Application icon [symphony16.png] can be found in:

/opt/ibm/lotus/Symphony/framework/shared/eclipse/plugin /com.ibm.symphony.standard.branding_3.0.0.20101015-2340/icons

artemis761
December 27th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Attached is a copy of the "IBM Lotus Symphony.desktop" file from the "/usr/share/applications" directory.