PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Windows & U buntu Linux Internet problem HELP ????

Sampelz9
August 30th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Hey guys and gals Im new here and to linux . I have a problem and I am hoping someone can help .

K so I got Ubuntu on one side of my cpu with windows vista on the other side . So I put all the router information that i have on the windows side on my linux side . It shows that I have Internet connection from the network Icon . But when I click on the firefox Icon and try going to a web page it something about a firewall and Dns . Can someone help with a solution and something that will work right away ? By the way the Vista side Is working fine no troubles at all with Internet access .

asenine
August 30th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I am very confused.

First you say it is a 'windows and linux' problem, and then you say that windows isn't affected. Then you say that they are on either side of your cpu... which makes absolutely no sense.

Could you try using less technical jargon? It's quite obvious that you are confusing yourself over the meanings of the words.

Sampelz9
August 30th, 2008, 04:35 PM
K I have one laptop with 2 OPERATEING SYSTEMS on it . Which are Windows Vista and U buntu . I am having NO trouble getting on the Internet with With windows side but when I go to use U buntu side I can't get on the Internet . DO you understand me now ??

Sampelz9
August 30th, 2008, 07:48 PM
No one else has any input ?