PDA

View Full Version : dual screen dual os my plan for it

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
well guys i have some goodies in my basket i am going to configure my new computer with dual screens set up one screen using one os and one using another the first one will boot and the second will boot atthe same time i need to use my head here so i need some tutorials before anything i want these 2 to work before i worry about full 3d i was also wondering one os will be the mother the other will the son

this means that when i log into the first one the second one will boot by using a vmware daemon? hmmm i need to patch this do i

im going to patch it so both systems use full 3d maybe use 2 graphics cards its possible with 2 x servers running at once one assigned for the other os

or maybe i can make a booloader of some kind which will boot both os's?

is there one out there that i can boot both on 2 screens at once maybe i wont have to use the daemon for the x server for it

maybe just maybe i can use it more complexly maybe i can assign one graphics card there one graphics card there

crazy isnt i need to know some good pages about vmware and some pages on dual screens and os's running on start

maybe i will make a tutorial with proper punctuation

Lostincyberspace
August 30th, 2008, 01:36 PM
why not just use 2 computers for that?

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 01:43 PM
why not just use 2 computers for that?

you dont see the point of it. This could be good for some corporate presentations, it could be used in so many ways its endless and also for me its just a project i want to do.

So i can have a ipcop running on the same machine and also play windows games while posting on here on the same comp. It's possible, and have a security suit which is tightly connected and interactive.

mips
August 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
The only way I see this working is if you boot up one OS that has dual screen support. Start up vmware or whatever and let it's window reside in the second screen (VB can go windowless). The guest OS will start later than your main OS though.

I do not think you are going to get full 3d at this stage though. vmware has 'some' 3d support the others have 'none'.

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Also i can make a patch for vmware so it can run 3d.

to the typical user like you im guessing you just surf the net do everything "you need to do" im not the typical user. I like to analyse and see what is deep in the system, I am what you might call an "advanced user" i like to use advanced function's.

Im thinking why waste your money on a new comp when i cant have both on the same comp?

Thats why i want to use it advancedly. I am just interested. I dont want everyone thinking the same thing as the guy above saying why not get 2?

no, just no.

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 01:54 PM
The only way I see this working is if you boot up one OS that has dual screen support. Start up vmware or whatever and let it's window reside in the second screen (VB can go windowless). The guest OS will start later than your main OS though.

I do not think you are going to get full 3d at this stage though. vmware has 'some' 3d support the others have 'none'.

ahh thank you kind sir

i didnt know virtual box could do it windowless? only on 2 screen's?

zachtib
August 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
ahh thank you kind sir

i didnt know virtual box could do it windowless? only on 2 screen's?

vmware 6.5 can as well, and you'll get some level of DirectX 9 support as well.

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 02:25 PM

thank you you have all been very helpful

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM

but what is some?

EnGorDiaz
August 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM
i might seem annoying with questions but im very curious in this subject

RedPandaFox
September 1st, 2008, 02:08 AM
I was just thinking about doing this also, except as of this week I wont have my PC anymore as I'm moving overseas, but when I get a PC back this will be something I will implement.

I want Ubuntu on left screen (main) and Windows in a VM on right.

Have the VM to boot at start up and occupy the entire screen, I only use Nvidia Graphics so Nvidia settings does the Xserver config to make it two separate screens not interacting (as I understand it)

mellowd
September 1st, 2008, 02:11 AM
Tried vmware esx yet?

EnGorDiaz
September 1st, 2008, 09:23 AM
Tried vmware esx yet?

no not yet i was going to try that with osx86 but thats illegal and also i dont i will get full graphics up so errr...

som88
November 21st, 2008, 06:22 PM
man ur website has nothing

EnGorDiaz
November 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
man ur website has nothing

yeah lol i judt havent had the time to put anything in it

som88
November 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM

:lolflag:

som88
November 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM

let me know when u do

billgoldberg
November 23rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Also i can make a patch for vmware so it can run 3d.

to the typical user like you im guessing you just surf the net do everything "you need to do" im not the typical user. I like to analyse and see what is deep in the system, I am what you might call an "advanced user" i like to use advanced function's.

Im thinking why waste your money on a new comp when i cant have both on the same comp?

Thats why i want to use it advancedly. I am just interested. I dont want everyone thinking the same thing as the guy above saying why not get 2?

no, just no.

This whole post just made me lol.

EnGorDiaz
November 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
This whole post just made me lol.

lol :P d.i.f.t.l