PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot install x11vnc on ltsp client

abg
August 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I tried instruction on https://wiki.edubuntu.org/InstallX11VncOnLtspClients to install x11vnc on my ltsp client. But it refused with message more/less that it can't mount cdrom. So the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list being omitted.

what's wrong????

please help me..
thanks for advance.

Mip5
November 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
The sources.list for your ltsp server is different from that of your ltsp client. From the sounds of your error, your sources.list for your client is the default install (which only includes the cdrom source listed, but does not include internet sources). I just checked the directions you referenced, and it looks (based on the error you posted) like you failed to address this.

[quote]
Before installing in the ltsp environment, make sure that apt-get sources in ltsp are consistent with the base install:

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list
[quote/]

Let us know how it goes once you issue the above command to correct your sources.list

Thanks,

M

Mip5
November 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
It looks like the thin-client sources.list are incorrect. They will be corrected by the following command (which comes from the page you linked above).

Before installing in the ltsp environment, make sure that apt-get sources in ltsp are consistent with the base install:

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/apt/sources.list

Try it again, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

M