PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] logitech quick cam connect

secuono
August 30th, 2008, 04:30 AM
can i, or how do i install/make logitech quick cam connect work with ubuntu?:confused: any and all info will be greatly appreciated!

Partyboi2
August 30th, 2008, 05:22 AM
can you open up a terminal (Applications>Accessories>Terminal) and post the output to

lsusb

secuono
November 29th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:08d9 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam IM/Connect
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 058f:6362 Alcor Micro Corp. Hi-Speed 21-in-1 Flash Card Reader/Writer (Internal/External)
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

forkandles
November 30th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Try starting with this link and you will see several others which are mentioned. Hopefully some of this information will be useful to you.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gspca/+question/44938

Try this first but if it all gets too complicated I would recommend getting this inexpensive webcam and selling off your existing one to a Windows user.

Logitech Quickcam E 3500

with manufacturer/product IDs 046d:09a4

Look here and you will see that it is Linux compatible:

http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

secuono
November 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM
i need the cam for my windows xp laptop. its a convertible tablet, so no way am i going to put linux on that. and no stores sell anything with a cam for linux. my pc recognizes the camera, but it wont show an image in Kopete. but on other programs that iv installed, all work well.

forkandles
December 1st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Your last post bears no resemblance to your original request for assistance.
I am afraid you have lost me completely.

secuono
December 17th, 2008, 03:40 AM
-i will not sell my camera to a windows user, i am a windows user too
-nothing recognizes the camera anymore
-when i first installed it, there were a few random programs that showed the image
-Kopete does not show a real image, its all messed up and doesnt change
-camorama doesnt see a camera
-camera doesnt detect a camera
-cheese webcam booth DOES recognize my camera
-digikam does not notice it

why is Cheese Webcam Booth the only one that can work with my camera?

kojow7
February 22nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Hi Secuono,

I believe that you are misunderstanding Forkandles. He was telling you to get a camera that is known to work properly under BOTH Windows and Linux and to sell your current one to someone who ONLY uses Windows. Either way it's been a while since you last posted. Are you still having problems? Did you try out the link Forkandles gave you? What have you tried? What have you not tried? What programs used to work with the camera? What changes were made to your system that caused them to stop working? Provide lots of information, we can help you better this way.

Valburgh
February 24th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Hi there, Iḿ new to Ubuntu, just Installed the 8.10 version yesterday.
I can t get any help but browse through forums and serch for help that dosn t exist.

Maybe someone could help me out here coz Iḿ just sick of Microsofts instability.

Ps. I had no clue were to ask or how to do my own thred.
So thats why I chose this one because of the Quckcam Messenger, thing.

My troubles with Ubuntu 8.10:

1. Driver for the Logitech QuickCam Messenger Plus ID 046d:08f6.
I allready tried to install qc-usb-messenger 1.8 (No success)

2. Lexmark X5150 Driver. Ubuntu 8.10 installed the wrong driver automatically (X5100)

3. German Keybord fails to use the ` or' before the letter t.
I don t know why.

4. Messengers: I have "Yahoo Messenger", "MSN", "Icq" and "Skype".
Pigin couldn t access Yahoo account properly. It says The Username is invalid. But it s not.
aMSM seems to work, but no Webcam.

On the other hand, if it is not good to install Games, Apps, Office 2007, Reason 4 or other windows based software though WINE. Then for what is it for?

I m starting to get used to the Terminal in some degree. It would be sad to reinstall XP again, just because Ubuntu cant run any Windows software nor my hardware devices. This would mean that it will be totaly usless to me because I don t wanna buy any new stuff just because the OS dosn t like it.

PC komponents: Intel Duo Core 2, 2GB Ram and a Geforce 8800 on a asus Mainbord.

Anyone?

kojow7
February 25th, 2009, 12:36 AM
To post a new forum thread, do the following:

1) Click "Main Support Categories" in the breadcrumbs at the top of this page.

2) Choose what category you think this fits under. You do have a few different issues, so maybe the General Help would be best...or separate your different issues into different threads.

3)Click on "New Thread"

4) Give information about what you are trying to do, what you have tried, the problems you encountered, exact error messages you recieved.

Also, you can stop by the #ubuntu IRC chat channel through pidgin or other IRC client and ask questions there.

Valburgh
February 25th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks a lot, kojow7.
I just posted two threads for the webcam and the Printer.
(important stuff first)
I just hope someone can help me there.