View Full Version : [ubuntu] Songbird 0.7 disapeared from my Computer

August 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM
After upgrading to the new version of Songbird 0.7 (from get deb) I cant find it anymore. When I fire it up, it shows that Songbird is running in system monitor but I cant find it in my desktop.

I already deleted the .songbird folder, but it doesn't work. All it does is to start the installation wizard. When I finish with the wizard the application doesn't show on the desktop.

I am using ubuntu 8.04 clean install

Any suggestions? :confused:

Crafty Kisses
August 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Try running it in Terminal, what happens?

August 29th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Try running it in Terminal, what happens?

It just hangs, nothing happens but it shows as running on the monitor. Actually it shows 2 songbirds processes running.

Crafty Kisses
August 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
This is weird, try to open Songbird again, and then post the results of this command > top

August 29th, 2008, 10:28 PM
mycomputer@Ubuntu-Desktop:~$ songbird

this is what it shows when I run songbird from terminal

August 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM
well.. songbird suddently appeared...:confused: wtf???

August 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
thank you Codename for your help, :) I don't know what the problem was but it took like 10 minutes to load songbird. now its working I don't know why but its working :popcorn:

August 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I suggest you file a bug report with the songbird dev team. They are quite friendly people and will help you out if you face further problem. Btw why do u need to install the software when it runs out of the tar file perfectly.??

Crafty Kisses
August 29th, 2008, 11:08 PM
No problem, that was a really weird issue, I'd do as stated above, file a bug report.

October 22nd, 2008, 01:16 AM
I'm also experiencing this problem. I've installed the DEB package of Songbird 0.7 on Mythbuntu 8.04.1 (64 bit), but when I try to launch it, nothing happens.

The Songbird process is running (twice), but the status is 'sleeping'.

I tried running it from Terminal, but no difference. Unfortunately, it didn't start after 10 minutes...

Any suggestions how I can get this working?