PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] where can i help

AndreiMe
August 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
hello i am an aspiring designer and also very pleased of using ubuntu for about 7 months or so without any major problems. actually the only reason why i use windows remains adobe and its impossibility to work on linux but then again nothing is perfect in this world.
the main idea is that for this last few months i've been wanting to give back to the community something and just couldn't find anything useful to do. i can learn programming if i will be guided towards any language, by this i mean if you'd give me some starting hints or something like that. i know some c++ and some of the basics of programming thinking but thats about it.
but the main thing i could be useful for would be design. designing applications interfaces, or alternative ubuntu gui or something like that. my main question is how i get in touch with the guys that can help me or where do i sign-up to be an interface designer and so on.

lyni
August 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
you might like to look here
ubuntu.com/community/participate

AndreiMe
August 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM
the biggest problem with that is that is confusing... all those buttons badly organized, at least for me but i am sure for many others the process is very confusing.

kellemes
August 29th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Just start a project of your own, there is always a need for new programs.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=832449

lyni
August 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I'm sorry but the Design button is the second one down. it seems very clear to me.

AndreiMe
August 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
i know that, but after you press design all that appears seems so very well illustrated to you cause for me it doesn't. i am not trying to make any bad comments or anything but i just can't figure it out...