PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to install ubuntu on new system

lextori
August 29th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Okay, I just got This System (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103152) a few hours ago. and it won't play nice with Ubuntu.

The live CD hangs at *starting bluetooth

My friend was able to make it install using the alternate CD, but I still have the same problem only with the installed version.

I just did a restore from the system restore, however GRUB is still present, and now I cannot boot at all!

Help, directions to get the info you need to help, advice or anything of the sort would be greatly appreciated!

dileepm
August 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Just try installing Ubuntu after reformatting your SWAP and ext partition be sure to back up your. May be because of a minor installation glitch...

TenPlus1
August 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit LiveCD ? and did you download/burn the .iso file for it...

Personally I'd use the 32-bit LiveCD for installation as it works better with 64-bit systems and is more compatible with things like flash/java/certain software...

If you are downloading the .iso, use a torrent program like Deluge and Force Recheck after it is completed (to make sure it's all there), and burn it at low-speed (4x/8x) for a safe install cd...

forger
August 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Check the CD for defects (selection in boot menu when you boot using the live cd)

lextori
August 29th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Okay, I verified the install CD, and have been able to do a re-install with the 32 bit install. I can now boot to windows, and attempt to boot to ubuntu.

Ubuntu still hangs at *starting bluetooth

if I try recovery mode, I get the screen like I do on my laptop, and then gibberish. the keyboard will not respond.