PDA

View Full Version : I have finally got my Ubuntu Stickers :D

Lord Xeb
August 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
This is so awesome >_> But it just doesn't look right on my T43 e_e but still, I like having people ask "Whats that?" And I respond "Something that is more awesome than your life is worth!" ITS SO AWESOME!

ChanServ
August 29th, 2008, 02:21 AM
This is so awesome >_> But it just doesn't look right on my T43 e_e but still, I like having people ask "Whats that?" And I respond "Something that is more awesome than your life is worth!" ITS SO AWESOME!

i conquer

tdrusk
August 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Mine looks like this. (see attachment)

Note the wear on my left click...

Lord Xeb
August 29th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Mine is one of those Ubuntu stickers that are the size of a windows sticker :D I got for of theme from system76

andrewbrown22
August 29th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I too just got my "Powered by Ubuntu Linux" stickers in. A row of 4 of them, the only problem is deciding which 4 computers to put them on..

Honestly though, it looks like something the computer shipped with. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

tdrusk
August 29th, 2008, 03:50 AM
I too just got my "Powered by Ubuntu Linux" stickers in. A row of 4 of them, the only problem is deciding which 4 computers to put them on..

Honestly though, it looks like something the computer shipped with. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

No offense but this belongs in the "might be a geek thread"

You get your "powered by Ubuntu stickers" and you can't figure out which 4 computers to put them on.
:)

I have 3 so it's not like I am singling you out haha.

LaRoza
August 29th, 2008, 04:07 AM

You get your "powered by Ubuntu stickers" and you can't figure out which 4 computers to put them on.

I have four computers. Nothing wrong with that...

I don't like decorating my computers, but I do have a bug on my monitor (it was part of some Halloween thing my mother had, and I took the plastic fly off and kept it for some reason. It stays on top of my monitor(s))

The stickers are cool. I have some also (the big ones)

andrewbrown22
August 29th, 2008, 04:20 AM

I have 3 so it's not like I am singling you out haha.

No kidding, and I didn't even mention the sense of pride I felt as I wrote it. :)
Some people find it hard to believe that their "old" computers are worth anything after a couple of years.

LaRoza
August 29th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Some people find it hard to believe that their "old" computers are worth anything after a couple of years.

And don't you go telling them. Those type of computers are good for me :-)

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I have 2 G3 macs, a mac classic,
3 PCs (in tact)
2Eee Pcs
1 IBM Think Pad
1 Asus M5
5 PCs Iv given away and about 10 PCs in pieces.

My girlfriend HATES me for them :) Her fault for living with me.

andrewbrown22
August 29th, 2008, 04:44 AM
And don't you go telling them. Those type of computers are good for me :-)

Don't worry, I won't, it's great for me too.
Here's a picture of the sticker..

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I find it coincidental that the PO Box you post to in Australia is about 5 Boxes down from my box...
It scared me. Considering that NOONE has heard of this town outside of a 100km radius.
But I think the girl who does it no longer does. :(
I sent my letter a few weeks ago.

OutOfReach
August 29th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I sent mine in 3 months ago :( still haven't gotten it yet, did I do it right? I wrote my info on an (empty) envelope along with System76's address and mailed it.

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I sent mine in 3 months ago :( still haven't gotten it yet, did I do it right? I wrote my info on an (empty) envelope along with System76's address and mailed it.

Your meant to put another envelope inside with a stamp on it and your address, then they take out that envelope, put stamps in, and send it back.

OutOfReach
August 29th, 2008, 05:15 AM
No way your joking? Argh, ok so I put an envelope (with my address and all that other good stuff with a stamp) inside another envelope (that I write System76's address on) and mail it like that?

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Address and stamp one envolope to system 76

Inside that, place another envolope, addressed to you, with a stamp on it.

Seal the System 76 one with the one with your address inside and send it.

Canis familiaris
August 29th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Any way to get these stickers in India?

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Send stamped self addressed envolope to

Baishampayan Ghose
214/4, Sher-e-Punjab Society
Andheri (E), Mumbai --- 93
India

(only if you are from India)

OutOfReach
August 29th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Argh, alright thanks I guess that was a waste of 3 months, heh.

RedPandaFox
August 29th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Haha, if I wait much longer ill just go and stake out the post office to see when the mail for that box gets picked up.

:lolflag:

damis648
August 29th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I made my own sticker, as you can see below. It works pretty well. I have also replaced the Dell logo with Ferrari (I am on vacation in Hawaii... went to a Ferarri store... SOOOO EXPENSIVE! A sweater is $200! A box of PENCILS is $100! Argh...). I love customizing things. :popcorn: Sorry the pics are kinda bad quality, I need to get a new camera... this one doesn't work too well in the dark, but you get the idea. Cheers! :guitar:

doorknob60
August 29th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I have some of those, they take a while to come :P I'm getting two more soon (my friend gets the other two) so I can put one on my new box :)

t0p
August 29th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I was sent some stickers by shipit.ubuntu.com (http://shipit.ubuntu.com) when they sent me a gutsy cd. But they say

ubuntu linux for human beings

I'd really dig some "Powered by Ubuntu" stickers. I live in the uk - can anyone tell me an address I can send a stamped envelope to, in order to receive some kool stickers? :p

purplepaint
August 29th, 2008, 04:12 PM
All the addresses are here:

http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

I sent off for mine about a month and a half ago (still not arrived).

eldragon
August 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
i made my own etched off the original linux for human beings stickers that come with the shipit cds...

image attached.

billgoldberg
August 29th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I've got one of those big Ubuntu sticker that come with the CD on my desktop.

It covered up the stain left by the original sticker (a sticker with the pre-installed software ...) and looks quite nice.

--

I think I'm just going to pop by the local guy giving away stickers here (he's on the system 76 website), he only lives a few streets from me, I hope he won't mind.

joninkrakow
August 29th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I've got one of those big Ubuntu sticker that come with the CD on my desktop.

The first time I ever saw one of those stickers was this summer at the airport in Katowice, Poland. A family was waiting in line at security, and the kid was toting a roll-on with one of these stickers on it. The mom looked back, checked out the sticker, and then pressed it down carefully. She was taking great care of that sticker. :-D Made my heart warm. ;-)

But now, I really want one of those "Powered by" stickers. As a life-long Mac-only user, I've never owned a computer with stickers before this Wind I'm using, and immediately ripped off all the stickers but the "Intel" Atom sticker. The Ubuntu one would look nice next to it.

edit: Bummer, just checked, and I can't get one here in Poland. Argh

-Jon

Naiki Muliaina
August 29th, 2008, 07:54 PM
You might always be able to get the ones from the canonical shop on the main Ubuntu website. Some piccys of them for you against a 50p (for size purposes ^^). The clear backed sheet is 50p, the white ones come in a pack of 20 odd sheets for £2.

http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=1717

http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=1719

http://ubuntuforums.org/picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=1718

t0p
August 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah I got some of those that say ubuntu linux for human beings. I got one stuck on the side of my desktop tower. But I'd really really be into a Powered by... sticker or even a little ubuntu symbol to stick on my asus eee pc when I install eeebuntu on it.

Jim!
August 29th, 2008, 10:42 PM
You gotta love the Ubuntu stickers, I gave one to my sister and she put it on her Mac. Someone from her Uni asked her about it and she said it was "some computer thing". The person that asked wants to give Ubuntu a shot now:D

fedex1993
August 29th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I currently have one on my server my laptop and my desktop. I am planning on making my own stickers but i don't know how to print them out and stuff like that. I want them to be a certian size but don't know what paper to get where to go ETC.

wolfen69
August 30th, 2008, 01:42 AM
if you go to your local neighborhood office supply store and buy some glossy labels, (avery) you could make your own with glabels.(in the repos) i did, and they came out really nice.

fedex1993
August 31st, 2008, 12:24 AM
if you go to your local neighborhood office supply store and buy some glossy labels, (avery) you could make your own with glabels.(in the repos) i did, and they came out really nice.

what is the avery number that you have. I have tons of avery lables but which ones do you have?