PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eclipse loses "Always on visible workspace" in gnome on popup

djaquay
August 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
After upgrading to Heron (64-bit), it seems like any time I bring up a popup in Eclipse (i.e. Ctrl-F for find, Ctrl-Shift-R for open resource, etc.), my main Eclipse window loses its "Always on Visible Workspace" setting, and switches back to "Only on This Workspace". Anyone else seeing this? I'm running dual monitor, and would like to have Eclipse always on the right, and other apps (i.e. Firefox, Emacs, Konsole, etc.) on the left as I switch workspaces.

Thanks,
Dave

my_key
August 21st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Yes I'm having the same problem with other app's like openoffice.org and also with vim (not due to popups but if you briefly minimize it the same thing happens). There's this hack called devilspie that can be used to fix these metacity bugs. Devilspie is in the repo's. If you find the default metacity behavior frustrating enough to post here, than you need it. If you can live with the fact that you'll be selling your soul :) (No I'm kidding you wont have to sell your soul it's GPLv2)

Here's a tutorial if you'ld like an example: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/07/25/how-to-set-default-workspace-size-and-window-effects-in-gnome/