PDA

View Full Version : [kde] configuring yakuake

dijxtra
August 28th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I googled, but couldn't find no info about how to change yakuake background colour, font, etc. I figured out how to change the skin, but that's not enough for me, I want to change the background colour and font regardless to the skin I use... Anybody has experience with that?

mkrahmeh
November 3rd, 2008, 08:41 PM
i know its a bit late to reply..but when you toggle down the yakuake, just right click on it and you will find what you need in the settings menu (fonts, colors, skins...etc)

Siljrath
February 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM
it's never too late to reply on a forum. there's always someone else whome it may be of help to.

changing the "Schema" only changes that terminal.

i've yet to find how to change the default. white background is just so harsh on the eyes when the rest of the colour scheme is more muted or dark. an changing each time a new terminal is opened is hardly a remedy.

does yakuake use some lower level terminal's configuration to determine it's own, and so we could change that setting and thereby change yakuake's?

does yakuake use an easy to edit text config to set the background and text colour? and by golly how hard is it to write a little bit of code to add that to the gui... (outside my current assured competence anyways, lol).

snova
February 12th, 2009, 02:12 AM
The skin settings in Yakuake do not affect the terminal itself, I believe.

Open up the menu, and near the bottom, click "Manage Profiles". Select "Shell", click "Edit Profile", and you should be able to achieve what you want under the Appearance tab.

Changing settings here, by the way, will affect Konsole everywhere.

mattinsalto
February 27th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Right click on the console, under preferences make the changes you want and once you are done, click save as default (or something like this, I have it in another language), it's the last option in the preferences menu.