PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] slow installation of hardy

joplass
August 28th, 2008, 12:57 PM
i have a good computer but new installation of hardy is very slow. when i look into system monitor, cpu usage is between 72% and 80% with only system monitor running.
i will appreciate some help.
thanks

wpshooter
August 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Unfortuately, my only suggestion would be that you use Gutsy instead of Hardy. I would almost be willing to bet you money that you won't have this same problem with Gutsy.

IMO, Hardy, is not ready.

falcon61102
August 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
What apps are you running at startup? Also, when you look at the system monitor, it should show you in the list of running aps which program is using your processor the most. What does it say?

joplass
August 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Unfortuately, my only suggestion would be that you use Gutsy instead of Hardy. I would almost be willing to bet you money that you won't have this same problem with Gutsy.

IMO, Hardy, is not ready.
i will probably go the gutsy way. my trouble is i am coming from debian lenny and i was expecting more from hardy.

joplass
August 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
What apps are you running at startup? Also, when you look at the system monitor, it should show you in the list of running aps which program is using your processor the most. What does it say?
so far nothing special. blutooth was sleeping and shut it down anyway.

falcon61102
August 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Does your system manager list any specific processes that are using all your resources?

joplass
August 28th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Does your system manager list any specific processes that are using all your resources?
no sir. i could probably post a pic of that list when i get home tonight.
thanks