PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Evolution

nexus_2006
August 28th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Our semester just began, and in an attempt to be slightly more organized this time around, I though I'd program all of my syllabi and assignments into evolution.

I figured out how to make an event (like a class session). I figured out how to make it recur (as in all the meeting of that class). When I try to edit an individual instance of that event, however, Evolution crashes (as in, note that one particular class day will onvolve an exam).

The problem is, when I try to put that exam in for one particular instance of a recurring event, after selecting to "change this instance only" and click OK, Evolution crashes. When it reloads everything is as it was before.](*,)

This is a pretty basic feature. This is the result of a bug or some quirk with my particular set of files/user account? I am running Ubuntu 8.04, and just rescanned the repos and updated hoping it would fix it.

Is there any way I can fix this problem? If not, is there another program that has this same functionality that I can use? I don't really intend to use the email function of Evo, just the calendar (I use Opera for my e-mail).

Ms_Angel_D
August 28th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Try sunbird from mozilla it's in the add/remove programs.