PDA

View Full Version : next gen consoles

dosed150
November 14th, 2005, 09:34 PM
whos getting a next gen console if so which i want a nintendo revolution and an xbox 360

Kyral
November 14th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Revolution baby. The ability to play ANY old Nintendo game. Can you say Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6? Time to relive the Great 16-Bit War!

xequence
November 14th, 2005, 09:38 PM
No way, I doubt ill get one.

Even the current computer systems can do better then what the Xbox360 will. Xbox360 will be able to get a bit higher then 1024*768 resolution, while a high end computer can get 1600*1200, and by the time the next next gen consoles come out computers will be even better. And plus you have to pay for games on the consoles.

If you look at the price of console vs computer, the consoles look cheaper until you find out you need an HDTV to get any resolution over 640*480 (res of a normal tv) which costs thousands more then a computer.

raublekick
November 14th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Revolution baby. The ability to play ANY old Nintendo game. Can you say Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6? Time to relive the Great 16-Bit War!

It's still not completely settled how this is going to work. I wouldn't expect third party titles to be available out of the box.

I'm waiting for the Revolution. I've always gotten Nintendo consoles on their release and I plan to continue that trend. I'm not a fanboy though!

I played the XBOX360 the first day it was at Wal Mart (just happened to be there), and I was incredibly underwhelmed. The PS3 is going to be way too expensive for me.

Kyral
November 14th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I can't wait for a Zelda game to come out on Revolution(When is the release date anyway?)

Can you imagine playing a Zelda game with that controller?

dosed150
November 14th, 2005, 09:45 PM
the revolution is going to be out in the summer some time but im not sure about zelda because twilight princess is out so for gamecube so probably wont be a zelda launch title star wars games would be pretty cool with that as well with lightsaber duels

raublekick
November 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
The realease is set somewhere around Summer '06.

Can you imagine playing ANY game with that controller?? :p

Kyral
November 14th, 2005, 09:49 PM
All the SW Geeks dreams will come TRUE when a SW Game comes out on Revolution. And Twilight Princess....mmm

I know people who are getting a GameCube just for Twilight Princess.

dosed150
November 14th, 2005, 09:52 PM
itll be the first gamecube game ive bought in ages

ferentix
November 14th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Same. Ain't bought a GC game for ages. Hell, haven't BOUGHT a game for ages. Last game I bought was "Doom collectors edition" which I only bought for the data files (IWADs). The next I plan to buy is Zelda, but I want a GP2X first...

Will definitely get Revolution :) Unless it suddenly goes all pear shaped ;)

Sirin
November 14th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I played the XBOX360 the first day it was at Wal Mart (just happened to be there), and I was incredibly underwhelmed. The PS3 is going to be way too expensive for me.

The Xbox 360 is supposed to come out November 22nd (In North America). How the hell did you get your hands on it?! I need to know! :o

raublekick
November 14th, 2005, 11:09 PM
They have demo stations set up everywhere, like Wal Mart.

Chayak
November 14th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I'll probably end up getting all three over time depending on what has the best games out for it.

ember
November 14th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Unfortunately I can afford none, yet I would wait for games I like anyway. At the moment I a GameCube with Mario Cart seems more interesting to buy ;)