PDA

View Full Version : When can i get linux os without expecting any forum helps?

jeyaganesh
August 27th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I want to have a linux os without expecting any help from forum. But when?????? I wont learn any commands or languages. For me, with a click or a touch everything should open.:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

SunnyRabbiera
August 27th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I want to have a linux os without expecting any help from forum. But when?????? I wont learn any commands or languages. For me, with a click or a touch everything should open.:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

Well there is linux mint that I find brainlessly easy.

lzfy
August 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Click (http://www.apple.com/mac/) or get a Dell pc with linux preinstalled.

paul101
August 27th, 2008, 10:20 PM

i dont think windows, mac or linux will give you that

anyways, learning the command line is easy and fun, and girls will wow as you type strange words into a black box :roll:

chris4585
August 27th, 2008, 10:31 PM
i dont think windows, mac or linux will give you that

anyways, learning the command line is easy and fun, and girls will wow as you type strange words into a black box :roll:

he speaks the truth man...

~LoKe
August 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM
It's been a while since I've run into something that didn't require instructions...

HermanAB
August 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I think that for the best 'click' experience, you need to get an IBM 'Clicky' keyboard. Otherwise, you just have to give up and install Mandriva.

RiceMonster
August 27th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Never

You may never leave these support forums. Ubuntu is designed to gather more people here and prevent them from leaving.

FuturePilot
August 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
No OS will ever give you that.

jeyaganesh
August 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Actually, using ubuntu for two years I have learned few commands. But even though somethings are not working properly. It frustrate often.

Skorzen
August 28th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Actually, using ubuntu for two years I have learned few commands. But even though somethings are not working properly. It frustrate often.

Search more.
GNU/Linux is an <insert world country's language> word for "search until you know everything", and I love its philosophy.

loell
August 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
No Linux OS is an island. :D

aysiu
August 28th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Then buy it preinstalled.

I believe Asus and Dell offer you that option.

LateNiteTV
August 28th, 2008, 12:18 AM
or go buy a mac. osx is bsd.

swoll1980
August 28th, 2008, 12:26 AM
When I first started using Windows I needed forum help.(as I did with Linux) Does this make me an idiot?

saulgoode
August 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM

You are confusing computers with televisions.

cardinals_fan
August 28th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Buy preinstalled.

On an unrelated side note, it's been a long time since I've asked for help in a forum post...

mrsudo
August 28th, 2008, 01:08 AM

haha, maybe one day

olskar
August 28th, 2008, 01:14 AM

This totally depends on what you are planning to do with the OS. If you are just going to write documents for example, it shouldn't be a problem with for example Ubuntu. But if you perhaps have an urge to recompile the kernel, there is not one OS that makes that possible by simply clicking and touching. Perhaps a bad example, but you get my point? :)

wolfen69
August 28th, 2008, 02:43 AM

all OS's in general can be frustrating at times. learn to live with it, or quit using computers. :(

LaRoza
August 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
or go buy a mac. osx is bsd.

And is distinctly not Linux, which is what is wanted.

And for help, I find that OS X requires more help than Linux for Linux users. (Lots of Linux users ask for help with OS X because it is so foreign)

@OP You seem to want an OS which works with all hardware, and has all the programs you need. For your hardware, research before you buy. For your software, check what you expect. If you need Windows/OS X only programs, then you are stuck if you can't find alternatives. For multimedia issues, try a distro which has all that out of the box (PCLinuxOS and LinuxMint for example)

KiwiNZ
August 28th, 2008, 02:49 AM
To be honest that is life on Earth , we don't live in Utopia( wouldn't want to either)
Things need a little work sometimes

Ever had minor dramas with....

Kitchen Faucets
Microwaves
TV's
DVD Players
Cars
Lawn mowers
Shoe laces

wolfen69
August 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM
To be honest that is life on Earth , we don't live in Utopia( wouldn't want to either)
Things need a little work sometimes

Kitchen Faucets
Microwaves
TV's
DVD Players
Cars
Lawn mowers
Shoe laces

exactly. computers are just like anything else. they break, and sometimes there isnt much you can do about it but smile and try to fix it. you wouldnt believe how many of my customers say: "but it was working before!" well, no kidding. my car was running perfectly last week too, before the transmission blew. stuff happens. nothing in life is perfect. nor do i want it to be.

Spike-X
August 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I wont learn any commands or languages. For me, with a click or a touch everything should open.:-({|=:-({|=:-({|=

I was going to respond to this, but I've decided to be as lazy as you are and not bother. Besides, I'm really not in the mood for trolls.

MrMarc
August 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Shoe laces

I had shoelaces once... they killed my inner child...

That's why I use Velcro now![-(

zmjjmz
August 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I can confirm this.

jgrabham
August 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
You are confusing computers with televisions.

No, TV's require tuning, plugging in, setting up with DVB/Cable/Sattelite - everything needs setting up to work; alternatively, you can buy a preinstalled PC with Ubuntu from Dell or an Asus eee, or something similar, which is the equivelent of paying a guy to tune or set up DVB/Cable/Sattelite for you

and girls will wow as you type strange words into a black box
The girls you know must be more fun than any I know. :lolflag:

bmac
August 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
The concept that any electronics can be setup and delivered without any human intervention is questionable. Especially, when considering a PC which is utilized by so many in a multitude of ways.
Maybe the perfect analogy is an automobile. Most everyone uses their auto to go from point a to point b, which begs the question why so many brands are available. Obviously, many people see their auto as something more than just transportation. Is it possible to sell a vanilla computer that is pre-setup and performs exactly the same function for all. Certainly!!!
However, would you be satisfied with a system that functioned exactly like all others and refused to perform any additional tasks without tech support (hmmm reminds me of an existing OS). I doubt it. Seems just about every other device that has this much
functionality requires some interaction.

You might consider changing your philosophy and realize that many things in life are only valuable when you invest something into them. Or you could always hire someone to do it for you.....

Just a thought.......

LaRoza
August 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Says the person who lives in NZ...

I've seen photos. That is pretty close to Utopia (except for those storms...)

cespinal
August 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM
he speaks the truth man...

My borther will always say " Are you chatting again with your computer?!?!?! Linux must suck for real!! I dont have to write anything on windows!!"

oldsoundguy
August 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM

You can expect that to happen about the same time that it is no longer needed to have anti-virus or spyware protection for Windows and spending 4 hours a week maintaining it.

There will always be issues. Be it getting a software package to do what you want it to do, or trying to get some old and flaky piece of hardware to function.

nick09
August 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Most likely when Ubuntu becomes a more powerful force in the OS Market and companies write their hardware for Linux or at least provide Open Source Drivers for many to improve on.

paul101
August 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM
haha, maybe one day

my g/f's exact expression was woooooooooooooow... that looks fun!

to be honest, to learn linux, all you need is a bit of common sense, patience and open mindedness

LaRoza
August 28th, 2008, 10:52 PM
My borther will always say " Are you chatting again with your computer?!?!?! Linux must suck for real!! I dont have to write anything on windows!!"

Yes you do. You have to type a very long and TDS number/letter code in. That surely is worse than any (non voluntary) terminal use.