PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] reluctant to upgrade from feisty

1feistymedic
August 27th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Greetings all. It has been a while. I am still running Feisty Fawn. I also have the following running:

samba
LAMP server
customized driver for ATI pci video card
customized driver for ATI PCI capture card

I had to go through a lot to get all these things working with the gracious help of others on this forum.

My question is, will I have to manually reinstall and manually reconfigure all of the above if I upgrade to Gutsy and then eventually Hardy? Or will the above be detected, especially the LAMP server and Samba and be automatically included in the upgrade?

I have a strange feeling that some of the things I used to get the above working may not be included in the upgrade and I may be prompted to delete the packages.

Any help would be appreciated!

xravexheavenx
August 27th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Should be fine but I can't guarantee anything.

1feistymedic
August 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hmmmmm.......kinda looking for a more definite answer seeing that I am running a webserver and want to make sure it still works after the upgrade....thanks though for the speedy reply

Pumalite
August 27th, 2008, 02:44 AM
If I have an OS that I like and works; I'd stick to it. Upgrade when supports for 7.04 ends.

plasmafusion
August 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM
yeah i agree with Pumalite...if the server's got all the features that you need and, most importantly, is reliable then there's no reason to upgrade until support ends.