PDA

View Full Version : Demand for MythTV HowTo? (WinTV 150)

quietglow
November 14th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Hello People,

I was wondering if there is an interest in a Breezy MythTV Howto which specifically addresses the Hauppague WinTV PVR-150. I bought mine from BestBuy for $80. Starting with a fresh install of Breezy and a couple of EXCELLENT sources on the web I had my PVR working on the first pass. The main source of info I used was somewhat out of date and didn't address the 150, but I just got permission from the author to rewrite his excellent work in light of newer IVTV builds etc. Don't want to go through the work, though, if there's no demand.

basketcase
November 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Absolutely. I've been researching the crap out of a PVR for a while now, and would love to see what you have come up with.

Also, are you using a local cable provider or a satellite provider?

quietglow
November 14th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Local digital cable and it worked out of the box. I was so floored when it worked!

So a $150 Breezy box + $80 PVR card= one hell of a cheap Tivo with the added benifits of being a computer with a killer OS :-)

My last hurdle to cover is getting either 1. the remote to work or 2. getting a wireless keyboard to control it from the couch. The remote requires some IR groking, and if I have a keyboard I can use MythBrowser to surf, so I'm leaning toward it. I can seriously imagine building a dedicated PVR that didn't ever really come out of MythTV.

Okay, good, I'll put together the howto then.

basketcase
November 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM
After the new year, I'm seriously considering looking for that perfect small-factor case for a PVR. Looking for that 'perfect' hardware to work out of the box. I'll be using Dish Network, so I'm sure that will be an experience in and of itself.

Bekker
November 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Alright! I'd love a howto on this subject. I own a pvr 150 myself and haven't been able to fully get it to work. Although as I understand it you can't use the mythtv frequency list outside the US? That would be a problem for me... But since I haven't gotten so far, I would like a howto to do so.

augied
November 20th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I'd love some help too. I've been trying to get my pvr 150lp to work off and on for nearly two months now. I get the feeling that I'm missing something very obvious. Most of the instructions I've found only work with the 150 theoretically. Instructions from someone who has actually done it would be great.

Brando569
November 24th, 2005, 07:16 AM
ive followed your how-to but i cant set up the input or anything. my dad has a Dell XPS Gen 4 with 2 tuners in it and i have no idea what brand/model they are. is there anyway i can find this out w/o opening up the computer?