PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to clear sessions?

JayUK20
August 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I've got windows opening up everytime I reboot and I want them to stop popping up, how do I clear things up?

akudewan
August 26th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Look under System > Preferences > Sessions > Session Options. Uncheck the 'Automatically remember..' box if it is checked.

JayUK20
August 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I have unticked that option but I am still getting the same issues, I was thinking maybe clearing some sort of cache?

kellemes
August 26th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I have unticked that option but I am still getting the same issues, I was thinking maybe clearing some sort of cache?

As far as I know akudewan is correct.
Have you rebooted since?

Edit:
I'm on Debian but surely it's the same with Ubuntu..
The sessionfile used by Gnome is ~/.gnome2/session
You can rename it and see if it clears the "cache", if you get trouble, simply rename it back.

lswest
August 26th, 2008, 07:27 PM
also, make sure the list of stuff in the sessions box doesn't have any of those windows listed to start on boot. Otherwise I don't see what the problem would be.

JayUK20
August 26th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I've cleared the start up stuff but they just reappear, I will try the session file and see if that clears things up, I will post back.

JayUK20
August 26th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Ok, the renaming of session file seemed to do the trick, though another problem has come about. When I edit my timezone to get the weather to display in the bottom right hand corner, the weather display disappears on reboot.