PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] No menu when I click on Applications on Ubuntu 8.04

Benjaminp
August 26th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hey

For some reason, I seem to have no access to the Applications menu, although if i click on "Places" or "System" the full menus show up. Applications is there, but nothing happens when i click on it. Also I tried right clicking on the menu bar and choosing "Edit Menu" but the menu editor refuses to come up.
Any help would be appreciated. If you need more questions, please let me know.

tech9
August 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hey

For some reason, I seem to have no access to the Applications menu, although if i click on "Places" or "System" the full menus show up. Applications is there, but nothing happens when i click on it. Also I tried right clicking on the menu bar and choosing "Edit Menu" but the menu editor refuses to come up.
Any help would be appreciated. If you need more questions, please let me know.

you can always delete it and add it back in by right clicking on your panel - add to panel + add menu bar

see if this resolves your issue and post back.

Benjaminp
August 26th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah I tried that and nothing happened

tech9
August 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah I tried that and nothing happened

try reinstalling the menu

sudo apt-get install menu

let me know what happens

Benjaminp
August 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM
try reinstalling the menu

sudo apt-get install menu

let me know what happens

I did that and its still the same.
I got a bunch of other problems though so im going to install a fresh copy of hardy. Thanks for your help!

tech9
August 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I did that and its still the same.
I got a bunch of other problems though so im going to install a fresh copy of hardy. Thanks for your help!

Good Luck! :)