PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 7.10 and wireless connection

antodena
August 26th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Dear All,

after many problems with the new 8.04.1 i've switched back to 7.10 and finally my computer works fine with VISTA and UBUNTU... now i have some problem setting up a wireless connection with my software router.

i got a SAMSUNG i600 phone with WIFI and Windows Monbile, so i've installed a software router to share my connection with my XBOX360 and computers.

despite the fact that XBOX and VISTA flawlessy connect to the phone and works without glitches my UBUNTU won't connect.

when i select the wireless network it try to connect to the network but nothing happens...

any idea or counsils???

thanks for all help!

bye

dna

billgoldberg
August 26th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry, can't help.

Are you trying to connect from your pc to your phone so you can use the internet connection from the phone?

Is there any security in place, try removing it and see if Ubuntu will connect then.

Or else try ndiswrapper (google it).

antodena
August 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
thanks for your answer! :)

yes i use my mobile phone because here there is not a good offer in adsl line... i live in a little little place here in italy... :P

anyway, this phone works as an access point, in fact my XBOX and my VISTA are using this to connect to the internet without any problems at all... i got this problem only with UBUNTU, but i'm sure that is due to my misunderstanding of this S.O., i'm yet a newbie...

I got an usb wireless dongle that is correctly configured by the machine due to the fact that it points correctly to the network and tries to connect it but without success...

no ideas? can someone maybe explain how to create a wireless connection?

bye!!!

dna