PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] How to get JCreator to work in ubuntu

Eremis
August 25th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Hi, I just got started in JAVA, and i was wondering how to get JCreator to work in ubuntu, i know you can use eclipse, and other stuff, but i am used to JCreator (because thats what we use in school) i tried running it in wine but i get an error, right after i show where JDK, and docs are.:confused:

Please reply, thanks

linux_tech
August 26th, 2008, 12:39 AM
What is the error?

Eremis
August 26th, 2008, 01:34 AM
What is the error?

// Runtime Error//

Program: C:\program Files\Xinox\JCreatorV4LE\JCreator.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

iya
January 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
hello,

i am getting the same error. we also use JCreator at school. please let me know how you fixed this runtime error. i have JCreator LE 4.50, and Wine 1.0.

thanks in advance.

Eremis
January 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Sorry, but I never fixed it, all I did was switch to "Netbeans". You should try it, and it's the closest thing to JCreator just a bit more "resorsier". Or if you want a java editor thats less on the resorces, then try "Geany", which is almous like JCreator.

Here are some of the websites:
Geany:http://www.geany.org/
Netbeans: http://www.netbeans.org/

I just figured, (after doing 3 weeks of reserching) that it would be MUCH easier to just use Geany, or Netbeans. If you work on simple beginning things try Geany, otherwise (Swing Class, GUI's, etc...) Netbeans.

Hope this helped!

iya
January 29th, 2009, 06:55 AM
thank you for your reply. i tried Geany, and it is working fine for me. a prof at school suggested that i try learning Eclipse. but from what i read from various forums, Eclipse seems very complicated. i really only need it for school, but i thought it may be better to get used to it instead of Geany.

as for NetBeans, i don't know anything at all about it until you sent me the link. would you suggest it over Eclipse?

thank you for your advice.

Eremis
January 30th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I tried both, and i like Netbeans over Eclipse, because its more (JCreator like) and it's made by Sun. Eclipse uses less resorces, but i dont like it + you can do more stuff in Netbeans.

If you want a editor as simple as possible and userfreiendly: Geany
If you want a editor thats has more stuff in it, and is used for complicated programs: Netbeans
Eclipse is sort of in the middle, and thats why i dont like it because it lacks really good things that Netbeans has, and less user friendly then Geany.

Eremis
December 10th, 2010, 10:43 PM
My opinions have changed after enrolling in CS...

1. vim
2. Geany
3. Eclipse (Android Development)

Mostly use vim for everything.