PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Panel Top Deleted (already searched)

XxUn70ucHaBlExX
August 25th, 2008, 02:37 AM
I have done at least an hour or two googling and searching this site for a fix, and have tried every "fix" to no avail. So here's my question:

The top gnome panel has been deleted because I am a noob at unix in general. Can anyone help me get it back?

I did the "rm -r gnome-panel &" thing, and i deleted my gnome2 folder and restarted X. I have a laptop so pretty much now i cannot get the stupid internet thing back on the panel to connect. I am running a direct connection as of now but I'm going to college tomorrow and need my laptop. Can anyone please help me? I really appreciate it!

IF there is not a "fix" for it can anyone tell me the correct setup for the default gnome panel? Such as ALL of the icons or whatever and exactly what to do? I REALLY appreciate it!

I mainly need to know how to get the "Notification Area (should include wireless connection stuff)" back on the bar.

zamadatix
August 25th, 2008, 02:39 AM
try right clicking on the bottom panel and chooseing new panel and you can set it up with the ubuntu menu, the launchers you want and the thing that displays icons on the panel that should restore it fully. oh and the volume chooser.

Catalyst2Death
August 25th, 2008, 02:45 AM
So, all you need to do is right click on lower panel and select create new panel, it should create one on top that is empty. Then you can right click and select add to panel. Select the things you want. Default will have things like (From left to right):

Custom Menu, Firefox, Mail Launcher, Deskbar, Notification Area (should include wireless connection stuff), Clock, Quit

You can add/subtract as you like.

The firefox and or mail launcher will have to be Re-made using Custom Application launcher, or you can copy a launcher from the applications menu OR you can drag the icon of the program you want from the menu to the panel and it will do the rest for you!