PDA

View Full Version : do you snowboard?

geogur
August 25th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Are there any linux snowboarders? I am a snowboarding addict . Snowboarding rocks my world . Am I alone or are there more penguins that board?

mips
August 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Don't really have snow here but have wakeboarded a few times besides the normal surfing.

wishyjr
August 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM
i did a little an christmas or two ago. It wasn't really for me but great fun! (not that my butt would agree) :)

johnnyxxxcakes
August 25th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Haven't really tried it, but I'm sure it's similar to skatboarding. I attempted that in 7th grade and failed. Never picked up a skateboard since.

tribaal
August 25th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I love snowboarding :)

Of course, living in Switzerland helps - mountain resorts are only a couple of hours away by train.

I think snowboarding is closer to surfing than to skateboarding.

- Trib'

Lord DarkPat
August 25th, 2008, 09:16 AM
we don't have snow here(kuwait)
but i would love to do it someday
Snowboard and wakeboard are something i always wanted to do

billgoldberg
August 25th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Nope.

I don't care much for those kinds of sports (surfing, skiing, skating, ...).

Just toss me a ball and I'm good.

dixon
August 25th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I want to learn snowboarding this winter - so wish me luck :)

Lord DarkPat
August 25th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm an all badminton person, but I like playing new sports, only, I don't get serious about them(I hold a Passion and ambition for badminton)

Jim!
August 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Since I live in Australia snowboarding isn't exactly an everyday option. So no, I don't snowboard:D

Skate Weekly
August 18th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Can you tell me if my site is good? MY SITE (http://skateweekly.webs.com)

Skate Weekly
August 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I skate but don't snowboard

alexandari
August 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I am snowboarding. It`s addicting (((: I`ve been snowboarding for 3 seasons now and I even have my own board
http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/assets/products/39215/standard/RossignolImperialWide(1).jpg

The other parts...I`m not home right now I dont remember. I havent broken anything so far (last winter I almost broke my neck) but...who knows xD

Mighty_Joe
August 18th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I've snowboarded for a couple of years now. I'm going back to skis. With skis I can carve pretty much any slope in any condition. On a snowboard, I can't keep my balance after a quick "breather" at the top-of-the-run bar. And I like to fit as many "breather's" in as I can. . .

Ichimonji10
August 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
YES YES YES I snowboard! I skied for about 2.5 years before deciding to give boarding a try. Much steeper learning curve than skiing, but sooo much more fun. Been boarding now for about 5 years on and off.

Even better, the college I'm heading down to this fall owns their very own slope and lift. So if I get my studying done for an afternoon and want to chill out, all I need to do is head across the street and BOOM -- instant awesomeness.

Also, alexandari: owning your own equipment is totally the way to go. Renting gets old (and expensive) after a while, and being able to cart around a beat up old board can provoke one or two good storytelling sessions. ("Jeez, [I]how[I] many trees have you hit?")

Yessir, I do board. :)

.Maleficus.
August 18th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Yes, I snowboard. I even rep the FOSS world with my GNU deck.

http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/assets/products/630/large/Street-Series.jpg

Little Bit
August 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
It looks like fun! I never get the chance living here in Florida. But I've water skied once and lost my swimsuit, so I don't think I'll try it again for a lonnnnng time. Or unless I wear a one-piece, lol.

But I do gymnastics every day. I'm good at it because it's actually an advantage to be tiny in that sport than alot of others. I'll wear an Ubuntu hoodie to practice when it gets cold enough (unless they start offering Ubuntu dancewear in the store - hint hint!)

Amy

walkerk
August 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
All winter long. My favorite region to board is the Austrian Alps.

Chrus
August 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I tryed it about 3 years ago and loved it. I took my GF to the snow about 6 weeks ago to get her on a snowboard, she's decided to stick with skis and Ive decided to invest in wrist guards next time I go. I've been off work with a broken wrist since then.

bodhi.zazen
August 19th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I am an avid telemarker and as such could not resist posting in a fellow snow riding thread.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/news/images/cbmr_usextremetelemark_dylancrossman_photoAlexFenl on_070325.jpg

It is not my picture, but it is how I ride (and I have the broken bones to prove it =).

Wiebelhaus
August 19th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Not me Personally but my best mate is hardcore.

wPwLUi3N
August 19th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Wanna go snow board but there is no ice where I live.:(

t0p
August 19th, 2009, 02:36 AM
No.

running_rabbit07
August 19th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Skateboarded yes, snowboarded no. Can't beat me enough to get me into Cali and everywhere else is too far away. Now, I have no insurance, can't afford the hospital bill.

magmon
August 19th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Are there any linux snowboarders? I am a snowboarding addict . Snowboarding rocks my world . Am I alone or are there more penguins that board?

I live in Colorado, and have been skiing once in my life.:lolflag:

kingbilly
August 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
It looks like fun! I never get the chance living here in Florida.

Amy

Skiing is the thing i miss the most now that i have moved south to florida as well

Disney mountains do not cut it!! (or carve)