PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu vs Vista

bmac
August 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Interesting comparison.

http://itcomparison.com/OS/vistavsubuntu/vistavsubuntu.htm

Many may have already seen this comparison - I don't recall seeing a post that included this particular site...

billgoldberg
August 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Interesting comparison.

http://itcomparison.com/OS/vistavsubuntu/vistavsubuntu.htm

Many may have already seen this comparison - I don't recall seeing a post that included this particular site...

They seem to strongly prefer Ubuntu to Vista and it shows in the review.

Kernel Sanders
August 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
LOLZ!TOTAL VISTA FAIL!!!11oneoneone

Vista's not that bad really. Security and stability is awesome, although all the spyware in it is awful.

fissionmailed
August 24th, 2008, 11:03 PM
LOLZ!TOTAL VISTA FAIL!!!11oneoneone

Vista's not that bad really. Security and stability is awesome, although all the spyware in it is awful.

And the fact they play big brother...

Swarms
August 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Horrible review, you can clearly see where the writers sympathy lies by how coloured it is.

b3n87
August 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I hate the fact that Vista asks you for confirmation on everything you do

"Are you sure..?"

lukjad
August 24th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I liked the review. Maybe a touch biased.

cardinals_fan
August 24th, 2008, 11:25 PM
That was awful on many levels.

bmac
August 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I also found it odd the the entire review team continually preferred Ubuntu. As your responses indicate - the entire review is slanted towards Ubuntu.

However, when reading the "About Us" they claim to be from "multiple enterprise firms". Similar to others I would expect some members of the team to prefer Vista.
They infer that their team is neutral and comprised of individuals from different firms. When in fact they appear to all have the same agenda.....

Just wondering if anyone else had read the comparison or were aware of this group and their associations? I'm certain they have some motivation and without actually documenting their agenda / team, it's impossible to lend them much credibility....

tom66
August 24th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I read it completely - the site is horrible, but the review is OK. I agree though it is very biased and fails to mention that setting up some things in Ubuntu is not easy or as easy as XP/Vista. I do agree though, Vista sucks.