PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] creating a Screenlet Boundary & how to keep sidebar below screenlets

bigdee973
August 24th, 2008, 08:10 PM
when i maximize my windows such as firefox, nautilus etc i want the window to NOT go over the red line as you see here in the picture...just as you can do in Windows Vista... that way i can always see my widgets on the right and do my work on the left. i know its possible to do this in Vista does anyone know how i can create the boundary?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/blasintildadeath/Screenshot-3.png

also i have the SIDEBAR theme installed in screenlets manager but SIDEBAR will not go below the other screenlets. rather it stays on top...i have choosen for all widgets/screenlets to "keep below" because i do not want them to go above firefox when im browsing... either way...there is no kind of "layer" function so that i could stack screenlets onto of sidebar, does anyone know a way to make SIDEBAR stay below Screenlets and have screenlets stay below my windows such as firefox, etc

bobus007
August 24th, 2008, 09:24 PM
To make sure that the side bar is always visible and windows dont maximize over it.
go to the sidebar properties by right clicking on it. On the sidebar tab select "Right_reserve" from the "select Alignment" drop down menu.

To have the screenlets above the sidebar, just select "Keep above" in there properties then dock them to the sidebar.

bigdee973
August 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
thank you that did the trick