PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
For all the Stargate Fans who might have missed it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080822/tv_nm/stargate_dc_1

And yes, I'm probably Stargate's oldest fan.:)

ELD
August 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
While it does sound pretty cool i will miss atlantis, but at least they are going to do a two-hour atlantis movie as well to tie it up, possibly better than a sixth season.

Bring it on.

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I'll also miss Atlantis. Still, I guess I can be grateful there's going to be at least some form of Stargate still running.

ELD
August 24th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I'll also miss Atlantis. Still, I guess I can be grateful there's going to be at least some form of Stargate still running.

Well it's not like they are abandoning atlantis, they will make that 2 hour movie instead of a sixth series, kinda cool.

But universe is really nothing about stargates, it's all about a bunch of people on a ship hmmm, just sounds kinds like ST:Voyager (they got stranded on a ship and couldn't get home).

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, but I'm hoping as it's from Stargate's creators it'll be as entertaining.

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I actually thought it was going to be similar to The Daedalus Variations episode, like alternate universes, but after reading about it, I was wrong.:)

ELD
August 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Nah same timeline, they just find a ship and get stuck on it heh.

klange
August 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I'm actually surprised SciFi is going to pick it up, after what they did with SG-1...

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I'm actually surprised SciFi is going to pick it up, after what they did with SG-1...

Yeah, that's something that irritates me a bit about America. You make some of the best TV Series, especially sci fi, but they seem to get cancelled so easily. I remember Surface and also Threshold that I thought could develop into good shows, but they only made one season. There's more that I can't remember the names of atm.

Woormy
August 24th, 2008, 07:54 PM
No more Atlantis? CARP!

klange
August 24th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that's something that irritates me a bit about America. You make some of the best TV Series, especially sci fi, but they seem to get cancelled so easily. I remember Surface and also Threshold that I thought could develop into good shows, but they only made one season. There's more that I can't remember the names of atm.
Stargate's (mostly) Canadian. Filmed and produced in Vancouver.

@Woormy: If you'd been paying attention to the news releases, you'd have known that Atlantis was going to end when Universe started. They said it a while ago.

ELD
August 24th, 2008, 08:18 PM
@Woormy: If you'd been paying attention to the news releases, you'd have known that Atlantis was going to end when Universe started. They said it a while ago.

Not everyone can keep up with all the different news, i am a big fan and had no idea.

billgoldberg
August 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm glad they are going to let SGA die gracefully.

Things have been going down hill ever they introduced the replicators.

The replicators were done to death by SG-1.

Take the last episode, what was that all about (the one were Rodney was stupid).

I understand that not every episode can be part of an arc, but at least make it entertaining.

SGU sounds interesting. I just hoped they'll make a stop in the Furling Galaxy.

--

SGU is being compared now to STV. But the stargate universe is just much more fun, the way eps are written is way better and the casts in the previous series were also way better.

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Stargate's (mostly) Canadian. Filmed and produced in Vancouver.

Yeah, but if the American networks don't pick it up it doesn't get shown, or am I wrong about that?

klange
August 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, but if the American networks don't pick it up it doesn't get shown, or am I wrong about that?

I'm actually not sure. It would seem like the non-American networks are either unable or unwilling to provide the monetary backing to run the show, but that was not the problem with SG-1, for which all the control rights were owned by SciFi, so when SciFi said "we're done", that was it, even if another network did have the resources to keep things up.

fiddledd
August 24th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, was a shame they killed it. Although I did prefer it before two of Farscape's stars were brought in, Jack O'Neil was one of the best characters IMO. Also he was my Wife's favourite, but I think that was the actor, rather than the character, that she liked.:)

kevin11951
August 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
ive been watching stargate since the beginning (or at least as far back as i can go, im only 15).

stargate atlantis was my favorite, i thought it was better than sg1.

im so upset that they are going to cancel it, and replace it with a piece of crap show...

i mean c'mon, a ship roaming around in space... does this sound like star trek, and like 4 of scifi's other series?

as a matter of fact i dont thing stargates will even be involved, because a stargate cant be turned if your moving, and ships move... alot.

and this will be an opera series like BSG (battle star galactica)!?

ELD
August 24th, 2008, 09:50 PM

It's not that it doesn't get shown, i'm pretty sure the networks are one of the contributers towards funding the actual development.

billgoldberg
August 24th, 2008, 10:56 PM
ive been watching stargate since the beginning (or at least as far back as i can go, im only 15).

stargate atlantis was my favorite, i thought it was better than sg1.

im so upset that they are going to cancel it, and replace it with a piece of crap show...

i mean c'mon, a ship roaming around in space... does this sound like star trek, and like 4 of scifi's other series?

as a matter of fact i dont thing stargates will even be involved, because a stargate cant be turned if your moving, and ships move... alot.

and this will be an opera series like BSG (battle star galactica)!?

Atlantis better than SG1??

It must be the age because Atlantis can't even touch SG1's knees.

hopkinsjeni
August 24th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Let's just be thankful for DVDs hangover Sundays are a perfect time for watching a Stargate marathon, they always played it at inconvenient times anyway!
Oh, and you can't watch the original movie too many times

Kernel Sanders
August 24th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Gutted that Atlantis is over :(

I hope everyone in Stargate Universe is really HOT :O

ELD
August 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Let's just be thankful for DVDs hangover Sundays are a perfect time for watching a Stargate marathon, they always played it at inconvenient times anyway!
Oh, and you can't watch the original movie too many times

I got the original movie on VHS :lolflag:

hopkinsjeni
August 25th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I got the original movie on VHS :lolflag:
Now that is awesome! How vintage and charming