PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Demo. Problems anyone?

puzzledm
December 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
I have just downloaded the HL2 demo using steam (running through Cedega 4.2) and everything else on there works but HL2 just gets to it's load screen and then no futher. It seemed to be doing something so I left it about 5 whole minutes but nothing transpired.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Oh and also there seems to be no way of killing games once they are open ... all i can do is hit ctr+alt=backspace to restart GDM. any other ways?

piedamaro
December 23rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
You're lucky, I just can't get steam to log into my account. When it tries to authenticate, after a while I have a contdown on the console, and the steam fails with an exception.

AndersAA
December 23rd, 2004, 08:10 PM
Oh and also there seems to be no way of killing games once they are open ... all i can do is hit ctr+alt=backspace to restart GDM. any other ways?

well you could always ctrl+alt+f2, login and killall -9 wineserver.

joker130
November 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
every time i download it and try to play it shows up the problem where it says a problem has occured and it says send or dont send . ever single time i download it!!! its been a year! i want to play it i cant buy it cause iam broke so please can anyone tell me how to fix this problem plase????]:-k :confused: :confused: :-k