PDA

View Full Version : Unanswered Posts Day (Wednesday 27th)

ajmorris
August 24th, 2008, 02:59 AM
hello all,
As many of you know, the Unanswered Posts Team (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=216) holds a monthly event in which we set aside a chunk of our day, dedicated to answering unanswered posts. We would also like to invite the ubuntu forums community, where possible to help us this Wednesday, 27th, in answering as many unanswered posts as you can.

I look forward to working with as many of you as possible this wednesday :D

AJ

loell
August 24th, 2008, 03:04 AM
is there a price/recognition for the most unanswered answered post? :biggrin:

Lostincyberspace
August 25th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I actualy remembered this time so I actually might get to help this month.

toupeiro
August 26th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I'm there dude.

hyperhopper
August 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Im a super-noob but if I see anything that I know, I will surley answer it...

lukjad
August 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Awww man! School starts that day. :'( Can I still pitch in if I am not there all day? How does it work? Do I just sit and answer the forums?

DBrocks
August 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, I'm not doin anything wednesday. Sounds good to me. Im a noob, but ill answer what i can.

Joeb454
August 26th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Awww man! School starts that day. :'( Can I still pitch in if I am not there all day? How does it work? Do I just sit and answer the forums?

Try and answer unanswered posts :) simple really.

Even if you can't be online for long, every little helps :)

lukjad
August 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
How do you do this anyway? Do you just click New Posts?

perlluver
August 26th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Count me in, I'll be there.

Joeb454
August 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
No - Go into a sub-forum (say Absolute Beginner Talk (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=326) and then click "Forum Tools" and choose "Unanswered Posts"

This will return all threads with 0 replies

sydbat
August 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Any time in particular it all starts??

lukjad
August 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I'll do my best. I got a bit of a head start today.

super.rad
August 26th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I have a browse through the unanswered posts whenever I'm on and try and answer anything I can so I'll have a look tomorrow.

uberdonkey5
August 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
is there a price/recognition for the most unanswered answered post? :biggrin:

How do we find the most unanswered post? :D

Maybe the post that has been looked at the most, with no replies.. he he. Then we can get a category of 'most ignored person on ubuntu'. I think I would be in the running for that :)

uberdonkey5
August 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Well, I tried to answer a couple that I knew something of. I think for newbies like myself its quite difficult to get the confidence to answer things cos you wonder whether there is actually something more complicated going on which you do not understand.

Also Joeb, I noticed the do's and do nots there (which was really useful). However, I couldn't help laughing that you put in the DO's, DO: not forget to enjoy yourself.:lolflag:
Shouldn't that be in the DO NOT's as, DO NOT: not not not not not not forget to enjoy yourself.:)

Joeb454
August 29th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I thought it was more amusing under "DO" ;)

Also, I'm unsticking this thread now :)