PDA

View Full Version : New user says hi

eriqk
November 14th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I've browsed these forums before, to see what i could expect, looking for howtos, and so on.
I now have an up and running Ubuntu installation myself (one that is going to last, anyway) so i decided this was a good moment to drop in and say hi.

So, um, Hi!

Ubuntu is pretty impressive. It's fun, too, and pretty exciting to work with. I'm quite sure it will eventually replace my daily-chores-desktop installation of Windows. Testing lots of cool programs. OSS has come a long way.

I'm currently telling all my friends to get Ubuntu and ditch Windows if they don't really need it, handing out live-cds left and right.

I'm looking forward to building a system for design and art, using only free and free-ish software. Looks like I'll have it up and running before long. Which is nice.

So I'll be hanging out here for the time being, learning stuff, asking stupid and not-so-stupid questions, and so on.

Groet, Erik

dolny
November 14th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Hello :)
Feel free to ask the 'stupid' questions, after reading the howto's and the guide. I was converted not so long ago, great system.

Iandefor
November 14th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Hullo! Don't worry about stupid questions, just ask em so long as you've already checked the documentation and these forums first. This is as much to your benefit as the community's- if the answer's in the documentation or already been addressed, you have your answer in front of you immediately, plus it helps to keep the forums free from redundant questions.