PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

guardian alpha
November 13th, 2005, 11:50 PM
For the first time in my life it feels like I've found a community worth being a part of. I'm downloading Ubuntu 5.10 AMD64 as I type this, eager to befriend each of you so that we can together bring a friendlier and warmer aspect of Linux to the world.

As a long time OpenBSD/Slackware user, I know that while those two communities know their stuff they lack the ability to be welcoming versus just knowledgable. I hope to gain the warmth you all have between one another and am excited to contribute back through programming, testing, and by offering assistance to new Linux users.

My one concern is that I will find ubuntu too limited in customizability and flexability (redhat similar) for my tastes. Let us hope I am wrong. :)

newbie2
November 14th, 2005, 05:14 AM
For the first time in my life it feels like I've found a community worth being a part of. I'm downloading Ubuntu 5.10 AMD64 as I type this, eager to befriend each of you so that we can together bring a friendlier and warmer aspect of Linux to the world.

As a long time OpenBSD/Slackware user, I know that while those two communities know their stuff they lack the ability to be welcoming versus just knowledgable. I hope to gain the warmth you all have between one another and am excited to contribute back through programming, testing, and by offering assistance to new Linux users.

My one concern is that I will find ubuntu too limited in customizability and flexability (redhat similar) for my tastes. Let us hope I am wrong. :)
hi there... as a AMD64 user also i found that the community here does a good job...;)