PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] stuck in low graphics

zamadatix
August 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
well i upgraded to 8.10 alpha 4 and it worked great... up untill i started getting stuck in low graphics mode. the first time it happened for some reason when i logged out it said kde is not the default display manager kde not loading andgnome never did. i check to se if kde was isntalled in ad/remoe but it was selected. now every time i set my graphics card and monitor settings enter low graphics mdoe and enable restricted drivers then restart it comes up saying low graphics mode!

psycosmyth
August 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM
What was you default dm?
Gdm?
You might c/p this to the development forum since it sounds like something new in the alpha. I may try it as well on the test mule.
This might get moved anyway.

zamadatix
August 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM
uhh bye default dm you mean gnome (i never messed with anything) and i didnt exacly know where to put this. thanks

psycosmyth
August 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
That's Ok.
The frequent posters go here for development
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=346

It used to be more clearly marked on the index page.
Not you fault.
Still an odd problem, list your hardware or at least the Vid Card.

zamadatix
August 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
i have a 512 mb ram (only shows 380 though) 2ghz ati radeon xpress 200 graphics card system running alpha 4 of intrepid ibex. it worked for 2 weeks utill then and i stil am guessing as to why.

eidt: its amd 64 bit processor with the 64 bit intrepid

psycosmyth
August 24th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah, better post it over there to get a good reply. I have had issues with Nvidia and my co-worker mentioned something about ATI. Could be a module change in the last alpha that removed or modified your ATI support. The people in the Dev forum should be able to help. Try rebooting after a fresh update. Be careful of what repositories you have checked.

zamadatix
August 24th, 2008, 12:51 AM
thanks. windwos vista didnt even see my sound or graphics drivers so i dont balme ubuntu for not having them on hand. ill try over there.

psycosmyth
August 24th, 2008, 12:55 AM
I found this info for you: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

This is why it's developnmntn :)