PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Gimp Help?

Dave B
August 23rd, 2008, 11:59 PM
I am coming here because i tried freenode/#Gimp and they were the most mean spirited pompous and unfriendly people i have ever tried to deal with .

"<dindinx> mortuis99: so you are being anoying for 20 minutes about script-fus, only because you are reading an outdated tutorial and only in fact want to save the current selection to a pattern? "

I am new to trying GIMP and didnt know what i was talking aobut.

i am trying to do a watermark on some photographs a friend whats to post and i cant find the Script-fu. Is there a good tutorial for this?

can someone please help me

thanks

Dave B

halitech
August 24th, 2008, 12:02 AM
check here and see if this is what you want

http://registry.gimp.org/node/6703

Dave B
August 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yes thank you

umm what fle fo i install it to

sorry for the dumb questions

Dave B

halitech
August 24th, 2008, 12:15 AM
welcome

open Nautilus, press Crtl - H (or go to View - Show Hidden files) and look for a folder called .gimp-2.4. If its not there create it (right click create folder). then in that folder, look for (or create ) a folder called scripts. That is where you want to put the file.

Dave B
August 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM
i am at gimp>2.0>scripts and when i try and drag and drop or cut and paste to it says permission denied

Thanks

Dave

halitech
August 24th, 2008, 12:39 AM
are you in your home folder or another folder?

you want to follow my steps from earlier in your home folder

Dave B
August 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM
welcome

open Nautilus, press Crtl - H (or go to View - Show Hidden files) and look for a folder called .gimp-2.4. If its not there create it (right click create folder). then in that folder, look for (or create ) a folder called scripts. That is where you want to put the file.

i am confused here where do i het Ctrl-H? i am at the usr>share>gimp>2.0>scripts dir is this not the right place??

HELP im confused

THanks

Dave

Bucky Ball
August 24th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Hold down Control key on your keyboard, then press the H key. Is that what you're after? Or as halitech says, go to the 'view' drop down menu and choose the option, 'show hidden files'. Welcome :)

Dave B
August 24th, 2008, 01:08 AM
what bllooodddyyy directory?

Bucky Ball
August 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
is this not the right place??

Seems not. Open a terminal and type

gksudo nautilus

You will get the nautilus GUI, then follow previous instructions.

halitech
August 24th, 2008, 01:26 AM
i am confused here where do i het Ctrl-H? i am at the usr>share>gimp>2.0>scripts dir is this not the right place??

HELP im confused

THanks

Dave

when you first open Nautilus, you will (should be) in your home folder. Press Ctrl - H on your keyboard. Then look for the .gimp-2.4(or .gimp-2.2 depending on what version you have) folder. That is where you want to look for the scripts folder or create it if needed.

Dave B
August 24th, 2008, 01:47 AM
halitech

thank you for being so patient with me

I have found it

THANK YOU
:guitar::popcorn:

halitech
August 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM
no problem, glad it worked for you :)

if you have it solved, please mark the thread as solved so others will know