FranMichaels
August 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
:lolflag:

Nope, sorry, it is in fact not a joke.

http://discuss.itwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6426#p23928

:confused:

happysmileman
August 23rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Oh crap I just broke the law by using page up and page down without getting a license to use them?

sstusick
August 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM

MS is pathetic.

smartboyathome
August 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM
Geez, whats next, they're going to patent the Enter key? "Oh noes! I can't create a new line without breaking a patent! I can't even scroll down using page up and page down without breaking patents! I must use MS to avoid this!"

SunnyRabbiera
August 23rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
Bloody ridiculous.

Sealbhach
August 23rd, 2008, 11:22 PM
Well, how are they supposed to lead innovation if other people keep inventing things?

SunnyRabbiera
August 23rd, 2008, 11:24 PM
Well microsoft is likely to patent air next...

zmjjmz
August 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
I can break patents while scrolling!
Now that's what I call multitasking.

arvevans
August 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
Even though something is patented, you are still allowed to build and use up to 5 of them for your own non-commercial purposes.
_._

MaxIBoy
August 23rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
This was a bad idea for Microsoft, because now everyone is going to be saying, "THAT'S the best you can come up with?!"

JillSwift
August 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
And people ask me why I think patent law is a joke. :-&

spoons
August 24th, 2008, 12:26 AM
It seems Microsoft is grasping at straws trying to patent everything. Or have they ALWAYS done this? (I'm too young to remember the days of DOS)

nickgaydos
August 24th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I guess Microsoft was bored one day and though of this shizzneeet.

TBOL3
August 24th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Now I'm going to patent the letter E. And the patent office will have to change their name, or pay fees to me.

rune0077
August 24th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I can't use the page up and down buttons anymore? Good luck trying to enforce that patent.

TBOL3
August 24th, 2008, 12:42 AM
They'll create thought police, and search your mind.

rune0077
August 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
They'll create thought police, and search your mind.

They don't have to, they've already patented my mind :shock:

zmjjmz
August 24th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I'm pretty sure this only affects keyboard manufacturers.

rune0077
August 24th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I'm pretty sure this only affects keyboard manufacturers.

And those of us who buys their keyboards perhaps.

jimi_hendrix
August 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM
next thing you know there will be a credit card slot next to the page up page down keys and you will have to pay to use them

And those of us who buys their keyboards perhaps. i love laptops

init1
August 24th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Heh check the patent number

US Patent 7415666

Coincidence? Maybe not ;)

ibuclaw
August 24th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Geez, whats next, they're going to patent the Enter key? "Oh noes! I can't create a new line without breaking a patent! I can't even scroll down using page up and page down without breaking patents! I must use MS to avoid this!"

Well... I am planning one step ahead of them ;)

I use vim so I'm not affected :)

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM
What the ****?! Wow. Microsoft. What's next?

ibuclaw
August 24th, 2008, 01:57 AM
What the ****?! Wow. Microsoft. What's next?

Patenting the use of having an Intrepid on a Desktop Wallpaper...

[EDIT]
Or how about the F5 key for refreshing a screen...
The AltGr key...
Or maybe (if Unix hasn't beaten them to it) the MagicSysRq keys too.

j/k :D

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Patenting the use of having an Intrepid on a Desktop Wallpaper...

j/k :D

Ha! Next they will patent the "panel" or "taskbar"...

smartboyathome
August 24th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Don't worry, they already patented the notification area (http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5617526/claims.html). They can patent menus from here. ;)

TBOL3
August 24th, 2008, 02:03 AM
You know, I'm not too worried about this. I'll let them have a piece of paper saying that they own it, but I don't think that this will hold up in any cort. It's like when ebay sued amazon for using their 'buy now' button.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Don't worry, they already patented the notification area (http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5617526/claims.html). They can patent menus from here. ;)

Then haven't we broken this patent?

LaRoza
August 24th, 2008, 02:16 AM
This just in: Microsoft patents patents and causes rift in reality.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM

I can really see that happening!:popcorn:

MaxIBoy
August 24th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I would like to patent the concept of a stupid idea. Imagine the lucrativeness.

SunnyRabbiera
August 24th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I just wonder if this means all the page up/down buttons will have to have a microsoft logo on them

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I just wonder if this means all the page up/down buttons will have to have a microsoft logo on them

I'm scared.

MaxIBoy
August 24th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I guess I'd better start taking better care of my keyboard then, it's the only one of its type I'll be getting for a while.

raul_
August 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I find it amusing

:popcorn:

smartboyathome
August 24th, 2008, 02:32 AM
I think this just means implimenting the function of page up and page down which scrolls the page would break the patent, page up and page down keys being on the keyboard wouldn't automatically break the patent itself. Am I wrong on this?

JillSwift
August 24th, 2008, 03:17 AM
I think this just means implimenting the function of page up and page down which scrolls the page would break the patent, page up and page down keys being on the keyboard wouldn't automatically break the patent itself. Am I wrong on this?Who can say? Does anyone have a spare patent lawyer lying around? :)

MaxIBoy
August 24th, 2008, 03:30 AM
I've got it! I'll patent the triangle-shaped pixel! (All pixels on monitors are triangle shaped; dot for red, dot for green, dot for blue.)

zmjjmz
August 24th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I'll patent patenting!
Totally original.

JillSwift
August 24th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I'll patent patenting!
Totally original.
You can't, I've already patented the patenting of patents. I've also patented the patenting of patented patents. I have a patent pending on the patenting of patented patents.

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 03:37 AM
no, not the page up/page down buttons. now i'll be forced to use that inconvenient scroll-wheel on my mouse.

smartboyathome
August 24th, 2008, 03:38 AM
no, not the page up/page down buttons. now i'll be forced to use that inconvenient scroll-wheel on my mouse.

Wasn't that patented by Apple? :p

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:39 AM

Apple and Microsoft... the patent masters.

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 03:41 AM

apple doesn't even utilize the the right-click. I doubt they have any mouse-related patents other than "retarded one-button crap-stick"

smartboyathome
August 24th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Apple and Microsoft... the patent masters.

Linux has patents, you know. I think there is a group which includes IBM, Google, and a few others which gets patents for some of the stuff in Linux. Lets just hope the desktop cube gets patented. ;)

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:44 AM
apple doesn't even utilize the the right-click. I doubt they have any mouse-related patents other than "retarded one-button crap-stick"

Sorry, but the mighty-mouse does in fact have 4 buttons, you just cant physically see them, you just have to press on the left, middle, or right side of the mouse, or squeeze the sides for the fourth button.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Linux has patents, you know. I think there is a group which includes IBM, Google, and a few others which gets patents for some of the stuff in Linux. Lets just hope the desktop cube gets patented. ;)

Of course, but only they would patent stupid things they didn't even come up with in the first place. :popcorn:

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Sorry, but the mighty-mouse does in fact have 3 buttons, you just cant physically see them, you just have to press on the left, middle, or right side of the mouse.

really? when did that start? back when I was in middle-school (wow, that was six years ago) we had a bunch of crappy imacs and in order to get right-click-like functionality we had to hold the only button down for a few seconds.

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 03:48 AM
really? when did that start? back when I was in middle-school (wow, that was six years ago) we had a bunch of crappy imacs and in order to get right-click-like functionality we had to hold the only button down for a few seconds.

Many years ago. I edited my post though. They actually have four buttons. You squeeze the sides for the fourth. Oh yes, and the right mouse button has to be set an action, otherwise it functions the same as the left, and you hold it down. But once you enable it, you have a right mouse button! The ones at your school were probably not enabled.

ad_267
August 24th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Hmm I guess they can add this to their list of patents that the Linux kernel supposedly violates.

236: Support for PageUp and PageDown keys.

TBOL3
August 24th, 2008, 04:18 AM

Um, doesn't MS have the patent on multiple workspaces?

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 04:19 AM

No?

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 04:19 AM

not only do I not know the answer to that question, I am utterly confused as to what my post that you quoted as to do with that...

anyways, who'll be the first to patent keyboard compatibility?

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 04:24 AM
not only do I not know the answer to that question, I am utterly confused as to what my post that you quoted as to do with that...

Microsoft. What kind of a question is that? J/k :guitar::lolflag:

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Microsoft. What kind of a question is that? J/k :guitar::lolflag:

I dunno, I wouldn't put it past apple...

damis648
August 24th, 2008, 04:28 AM
I dunno, I wouldn't put it past apple...

Pfft. They'll find a way. They'll soon be maybe the iType. "It's not a keyboard. It's a board with keys on it!" I can see that.:lolflag:

TBOL3
August 24th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Oops, sorry, wrong post.

Linux&Gsus
August 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
I'm going to patent the use by any means of computer, internet and any automated systems. And Microsoft and a few others will not get a license.

Cheers.
Steve

PS: In good Slashdot manner: I for one welcome our new keyboard overlords.
*shakes head and continues to break patents by using a keyboard*

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Pfft. They'll find a way. They'll soon be maybe the iType. "It's not a keyboard. It's a board with keys on it!" I can see that.:lolflag:

hmm, that does seem more realistic. "what, keyboard? no. if you'll notice, this doesn't have page up or page down. but on the positive side, we have this new feature called the ikey, which is basically just the window key but for macs. its the biggest innovation in computing since the iparallelport."

Northsider
August 24th, 2008, 05:21 AM
http://www.aolcdn.com/pmms/productpagemovies/01/05/1349992
The more you tighten your grip, Microsoft, the more users will slip through your fingers.

Saint Angeles
August 24th, 2008, 05:43 AM
does anybody know if any company is producing a keyboard with some kind of linux logo on the "super" key (instead of a friggin windows logo?

smartboyathome
August 24th, 2008, 05:45 AM
does anybody know if any company is producing a keyboard with some kind of linux logo on the "super" key (instead of a friggin windows logo?

Zareason (http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php) does.

FuturePilot
August 24th, 2008, 06:00 AM

Nope, sorry, it is in fact not a joke.

http://discuss.itwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6426#p23928

:confused:

that's just wow.....

kinematic
August 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Just a serious sidenote to counter all of the sillyness. This patent only applies to the US so why is everybody talking like it affects the entire world? Do you not know there is more to earth than the US?

Flyingjester
August 24th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Just a serious sidenote to counter all of the sillyness. This patent only applies to the US so why is everybody talking like it affects the entire world? Do you not know there is more to earth than the US?

ah right how ridiculous of us in the US to think that this law that affects us is so negative.. bad us... bad.

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 08:32 AM

what is this "world" you speak of? is that where japanese stuff comes from?

Takmadeus
August 24th, 2008, 09:20 AM
heh.... this is ridiculous, next time they'll just patent sex :p

When that happens I'll go amok on redmond and finish everything that moves or has heartbeats off
which reminds me of something like this from Pete Bernert :p

http://www.pbernert.com/html/old_tales.htm#DREAM

kinematic
August 24th, 2008, 09:32 AM
ah right how ridiculous of us in the US to think that this law that affects us is so negative.. bad us... bad.

I see you're missing the point. There is a very big tendency on this forum to look at everything from a US point of view regarding laws and patents concerning things like for example codecs, the Linux kernel and now this. The tone in discussions regarding these matters is always very generalizing like if it affects the US it must affect other countries as well. I realize that probably most forum members are from the US but it just might be a good idea to treat this forum like the international forum it is and not a US only forum. Try not to look at everything form a US perspective and broden your horizon a bit.

grossaffe
August 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I see you're missing the point. There is a very big tendency on this forum to look at everything from a US point of view regarding laws and patents concerning things like for example codecs, the Linux kernel and now this. The tone in discussions regarding these matters is always very generalizing like if it affects the US it must affect other countries as well. I realize that probably most forum members are from the US but it just might be a good idea to treat this forum like the international forum it is and not a US only forum. Try not to look at everything form a US perspective and broden your horizon a bit.

so to broaden our horizons, we should say "**** it" to this thread since it doesn't affect non-americans?

kinematic
August 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I see you still don't get my point. Oh well, I tried.

ad_267
August 24th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm not American but this sort of thing still worries me. I'm sure if everyone in America could no longer use Linux without having to pay Microsoft then it would indirectly affect the rest of the world too. Not that I think that would ever happen but I'm sure that's what Microsoft would like.

cherva
August 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Lets patent the BSOD ( Blue screen of death ) WE WILL OWN THEM. MS ARE F*****G NOOBS.
OOO How about the Send / Don't send buttons :) Or the error sound

Saint Angeles
August 24th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Lets patent the BSOD ( Blue screen of death ) WE WILL OWN THEM. MS ARE F*****G NOOBS.
OOO How about the Send / Don't send buttons :) Or the error sound
how about the word "start"?

cherva
August 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes :) Nice idea.

Barrucadu
August 24th, 2008, 01:31 PM
how about the word "start"?

I'm surprised they don't already have that under "A series of typographical glyphs, often located in a corner of the screen, denoting the presense of a menu-driven interface to the contents of the computer." :lolflag:

paul101
August 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
i use the arrow keys to scroll up/down

stick that down your pipe and smoke it, MS :guitar:

tom66
August 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Crap, I've broken the patent ten times already. I can imagine a 'patent pending/patent #7415666' message on every PageDn/PageUp.

Next up, Microsoft patents use of the alphabet.

shifty2
August 24th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Apple patented the shape of the iPod - whats next, patenting the shape of a computer?

MaxIBoy
August 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Apple patented the shape of the iPod

How can you patent a brick with rounded corners?!

Hire
August 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Oh my god !

A patent on pg up and pg down !!! It's ridiculous!!

:mad:

Sealbhach
August 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
It's meaningless unless they have the patent on pages.

LookTJ
August 24th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I blame businesses for the patent systems.

Now Microsoft gets more money.

mike1234
August 24th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Zareason (http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php) does.

Ubuntu keyboard. I have used keyboards since 1989. Always had page up / page down keys on them. So how can Microsoft claim a patent now? MS stole the Windows Explorer from Novell. Just blatantly ripped it off. Nice guys. I still want to see them enforce it.

http://www.zareason.com/shop/product.php?productid=16162&cat=0&page=1

M.

red_Marvin
August 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I hop they expressed the patent request on a single page...

It's the other way around it's a rift in reality that makes patenting things as these possible.

...breaking-the-law breaking-the-law

ubuntu-freak
August 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Couldn't the keyboard manufacturers avoid the patent by having Scroll Up/Down keys instead?

P.S. The US patent office will grant patents for anything. Snake leash, toilet u-bend breathing aparatus (incase of fire, sound the alarm and breath through the toilet), deer carcass sled, baby patter, toilet lock, carry-all hat, rifle with whiskey flask attached etc, etc.

Flyingjester
August 24th, 2008, 07:42 PM
actually "deer carcass sled" would be handy.. ever tried hauling a 250 pound deer out of the woods 4 miles over hills? :D

lukjad
August 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM
The scroll wheel on my mouse is broken. The PgUp PgDown buttons get patented. Am I going to press the arrows to get up and down a page? Ummm....

tom66
August 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I'm patenting the power button, or "a method of indicating to an electronic device, or embedded system, to begin activating a system of any number of proportions, that it is desired, by the user, or by mechanical, electromechanical or robotic method(s) to begin system checks and pass control to a number of components including a processor, kernel (not limited to a computer kernel, or other booting device, such as a boot-loader), and/or randomized/shuffle accessing methods of storage, electromagnetic and mechanical methods of storing information, which may or may not pertain to any number of further proprietary and/or patented components (c.f. P7004543, P4395342, P5859303, P4969494) or other components of a larger system and/or operating system, optical disc reading systems, which may contain 12 centimeter and/or 8 centimeter discs, and other components regarded as subsystems of the aforementioned systems." (and that's just the title)

Sealbhach
August 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm patenting the power button, or "a method of indicating to an electronic device, or embedded system, to begin activating a system of any number of proportions, that it is desired, by the user, or by mechanical, electromechanical or robotic method(s) to begin system checks and pass control to a number of components including a processor, kernel (not limited to a computer kernel, or other booting device, such as a boot-loader), and/or randomized/shuffle accessing methods of storage, electromagnetic and mechanical methods of storing information, which may or may not pertain to any number of further proprietary and/or patented components (c.f. P7004543, P4395342, P5859303, P4969494) or other components of a larger system and/or operating system, optical disc reading systems, which may contain 12 centimeter and/or 8 centimeter discs, and other components regarded as subsystems of the aforementioned systems." (and that's just the title)

Well, it sounds like something that should be patented. And fast!

lukjad
August 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I think I shall patent the Circulatory Motion Device, the letter "e" and "E" and, not to be forgotten, the numbers 0 and 1 when used by an electronic device.

red_Marvin
August 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I'm going to dress "patent office stupidity" in vauge and fancy words so that they will owe me money each time something like this goes through.

Sinkingships7
August 25th, 2008, 10:24 AM
You can't, I've already patented the patenting of patents. I've also patented the patenting of patented patents. I have a patent pending on the patenting of patented patents.

Quoted in sig. Thanks for the laugh!

Ozor Mox
August 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Oops I just broke the patent. Oops I just did it again. Good thing I live in the UK, or I could expect a knock on the door any time now :)

nexx
September 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM
May be it would be time to set up some web site to let peoples vote for protesting about these kind of abuse of the system that you can make if you have a lot of money.
I still have not digested having to pay for vista on my new fujitsu Lifebook.

linuxguymarshall
September 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
i just broke the law.... DAMN! I just did it again. How much is that M$? $5,000,000?

lukjad
September 6th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I have created a new compound. If you use it, your life expectancy dramatically improves. If you choose to abstain, your life expectancy decreases exponentially. I will now go off and patent dihydrogen monoxide. Have a nice day.

linuxguymarshall
September 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I have created a new compound. If you use it, your life expectancy dramatically improves. If you choose to abstain, your life expectancy decreases exponentially. I will now go off and patent dihydrogen monoxide. Have a nice day.

haha

god0fgod
September 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Obviously a US patent. You can pretty much patent anything in the USA from what I can tell.

I think certain Nintendo controllers can't be sold in the US anymore due to patent infringement.

Biochem
September 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Thank God I own the patent on monoxide and dihydrogen. You owe me big time pal. prepare your check book.

On a serious note this page up and down patent is one more patent in the MS FUD bank.

TBOL3
September 6th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I won't worry about you patenting dihidrogen monoxide.

I will just patent Hidrogen Hidroxide.

lukjad
September 6th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I think I will patent post #100 and sue you now...

TBOL3
September 7th, 2008, 12:19 AM
That's ok, I just patent Linus Torvald, and RMS. Anything that they spit out, is mine. Thus, this entire forum, indirectly, is illegal. Pay up.

lukjad
September 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I am patenting the use of inanimate objects used in general circulation used to negotiate a personal, public and/or, but not limited to business transactions as a substitute for actual goods and services to receive goods and services. I am also patenting the system of identification to demonstrate which of the "inanimate objects used in general circulation used to negotiate a personal, public and/or, but not limited to business transactions as a substitute for actual goods and services to receive goods and services" is of a greater value to the layman.

lowstand
September 7th, 2008, 12:40 AM
hmmmmm wonder what ms would do if we went on an took the pat on the letter (N) key bet that would mess ' um up big time :lolflag:

lukjad
September 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I will now follow the footsteps of the Australian guy who patented the "Circular rotary transportation device".

tom66
September 7th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I'm so patenting "the use of a display device, often in a large or small form factor, allowing the visualization of various elements of a computer operating system, a television channel (simulcasted programming, time-shifted programming, repeated programming, live programming; not limited to up-to-date news, and other 'news' channels such as 'Fox News', sometimes referred to as 'Faux News'), a 'video game device'; such as a Sony(R) PlayStation(R) (or PlayStation(R) 2, or PlayStation(R) 3), or Microsoft(R) Xbox(TM), Nintendo Wii(R) or GameCube(R) or other devices, not least limited to Commodore Amiga or similar products designed for use for said device, and including or not including various controls (hereafter referred to as 'widgets') on the display device and/or unit casing allowing for various adjustment of settings, not limited to: contrast, brightness, gamma, refresh rate, radiation levels (including, but not limited to: DEADLY, DANGEROUS, BAD, EVIL, and/or GOOD, and may be preceded or followed by, but not limited to: 'LEVEL', 'AMOUNT', 'QUANTITY'), hammer and/or hit resistance, lawyer-alert threshold, EULA destroyer sensitivity, hue, vertical resolution, vertical alignment, vertical adjustment, horizontal resolution, horizontal alignment, horizontal adjustment, and other adjustments which may or may not include visual or audio adjustments (including, but not limited to VOLUME, SIGNAL NOISE, ANTINOISE ADJUSTMENT, ANNOYING CRACKLY SOUND AMOUNT, and/or MUTE)." - of course, that is the title.

at2smithjason
September 7th, 2008, 01:18 AM
It looks like Microsoft is trying to build another empire, one keystroke at a time. I am glad that I dont use windows anymore. Whats next for them here in Redmond? Placing a patent on the left click on your mouse?

Warpnow
September 7th, 2008, 01:19 AM

The truth is that America is an economic powerhouse when it comes to business. Companies looking to make maximum profit will have to involve themselves in the US at some point.

Therefore, US Copyright does apply to all major companies, regardless of what country they are in.

TBOL3
September 7th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Alright, I will just cut all of these patents off at the source. I patent both God, and evolution. Ha, now your existence is in violation of these patents.

Biochem
September 7th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Alright, I will just cut all of these patents off at the source. I patent both God, and evolution. Ha, now your existence is in violation of these patents.

Yes but since your "God" is a false god created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster) which created the universe as is without evolution your patents are therefore groundless.

init1
September 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
wndr f thy wll ptnt vwls

TBOL3
September 7th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Yes but since your "God" is a false god created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster) which created the universe as is without evolution your patents are therefore groundless.

No, we were created by the Archolsneasher (I have no idea how it's spelled), who sneezed us into existence. (From 42).

lukjad
September 7th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You guys are just weird. :P

Trail
September 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Someone should patent the {Win,Super,Meta} key as a mechanism to open a `taskbar menu'. Would be interesting.

smoker
September 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
why not just give ms the whole keyboard!
http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2125825/microsoft-tab-key-patent-worth-bother

oh, looks like they own the keys anyway!

graabein
September 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I can't understand the process... Page up and page down. Like flipping over to the next page when reading a book or a report. And the lawyer spawn starts handing out the ownership of it to some big company to use against other smaller ones. Oh the joy of the ruling class making sure they stay on top by claiming property.

jay019
September 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
And those of us who buys their keyboards perhaps.

I am going to have to get someone to explain to me step by step how my using a product that uses someone elses patent effects me as an end user. I seriously just do not get it.

I think I'll patent the idea of prior art while im at it. :P

lukjad
September 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
So, now I cannot go up and down a page, and I cannot tab around one too? Great.