PDA

View Full Version : changes that i think should be made in firefox

markp1989
August 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
now i have configured firefox so that it only had one bar at the top. i realized how much vertical space is wasted with the default firefox setup.

i have attached a screen shot of my firefox with the following changes made:

Compact menu plugin
fission plugin
stop or reload button plugin
search bar auto sizer plugin

and organized everything so that it is all on one toolbar

I think that firefox should be like this by default, its alot neater, and gives me alot more space to surf .

Im not taking credit for any of these , i got them from eeeuser.com

does any one else agree that these changes should be made default??

Hilipatti
August 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Heh. This is how I always set-up my Firefox. I also think that the 2-row setting is just a huge waste of space.

markp1989
August 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Heh. This is how I always set-up my Firefox. I also think that the 2-row setting is just a huge waste of space.

i used to always have the default setup, but i didnt relize how much space it wasted until i got my eee, now i have it setup with one row on every computer

billgoldberg
August 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM

2 row? I have 3.

:p

Hilipatti
August 23rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I always forget the bookmark row counts..

teet
August 23rd, 2008, 06:27 PM
I like having my "bookmarks toolbar" visible, hence I pretty much have to have 2 rows. I always choose to use small icons and move the "bookmarks toolbar" up near the main file/edit/etc menu and turn off the "official" bookmarks toolbar...so I cram 3 rows into 2. I also turn off the status bar.

The only way I could think to improve things would be to get rid of the window border and put the close/minimize buttons on one of the 2 rows I do have (sort of like it is in fullscreen mode).

-teet

vishzilla
August 23rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
This is my how my firefox looks. I believe Mozilla should leave it the way it is, they have left it to us to modify to our liking, also a browser has to be presentable to new user.