PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a encryption program. Any suggestions are welcome

Sycron
August 23rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
So, if i have a file, i may copy his 0's and 1's in a 3dim matrix and with a key to rotate parts of that matrix.

It's a good idea ?
Thanks.

Polygon
August 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
unless you are doing this as practice / just for fun, i really woulden't....programs like truecrypt already exist for encrypting drives/files

spupy
August 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM
If you are going to make your own algorithm, you are gonna need very good math knowledge; crypthography etc.
If you are interested in the implementation, look up some already prooven algorithm (not source, just how it works) and try to implement it on your own.

Sycron
August 23rd, 2008, 10:19 PM
If you are going to make your own algorithm, you are gonna need very good math knowledge; crypthography etc.
If you are interested in the implementation, look up some already prooven algorithm (not source, just how it works) and try to implement it on your own.

Then, i have to learn some math ... :| do you know some good websites ? I think at school i wont learn something interesting in that domain... I really like crypthography. And i'm just 16 years old... but it doesn;t matter i want my crypt algorithm...

spupy
August 23rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Then, i have to learn some math ... :| do you know some good websites ? I think at school i wont learn something interesting in that domain... I really like crypthography. And i'm just 16 years old... but it doesn;t matter i want my crypt algorithm...

I haven't gotten to learn cryptography yet (at the university). But when I think about it, you don't actually need super mega awesome math skills to make a simple algorithms. Sure it wont be the bestest uncrackable algorithm, but it will be a good experience. Still, make sure to check out some simpler algorithms to get ideas, then you can do it yourself by applying what you have read.

stmiller
August 23rd, 2008, 11:30 PM
I would say join the truecrypt forum, and look at their code for examples. It is open source...

twisted_steel
August 24th, 2008, 12:14 AM
If you are interested in crypto, pick up Applied Cryptography (http://www.schneier.com/book-applied.html) by Bruce Schneier. You should be able to find it used on Amazon or eBay or you might even be able to get it at your local library.