PDA

View Full Version : First Beta of Amarok 2.0 Is Here, Hot New Features - Also fixes lots of bugs!

sharks
August 23rd, 2008, 02:39 AM
First Beta of Amarok 2.0 Is Here, Hot New Features
- Also fixes lots of bugs!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Beta-of-Amarok-2-0-Is-Here-Hot-New-Features-92343.shtml

amazingtaters
August 23rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
Meh, from the screenshot it looks like the overall "feel" of amarok is still going to be wrong for me. I dunno what it is exactly, but there's just something about amarok that I can't stand to look at for too long. It's visually displeasing, which annoys me.

swoll1980
August 23rd, 2008, 04:43 AM
Is there a .deb? Do you know, or do I have to compile?

xebian
August 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Is there a .deb? Do you know, or do I have to compile?

You can find one in Debian/Experimental.

RiceMonster
August 23rd, 2008, 05:05 AM
Gapless playback eh? The new amarok looks really promising. Hopefully it runs nicely outside of kde4.

tuxerman
August 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
Looks promising.. but wasn't the "middle click on systray icon toggles play/pause" feature available in 1.4.9 itself?
The bigger control buttons and the longer seek bar feel really good

chucky chuckaluck
August 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
no streamripper plugin yet?

myusername
August 23rd, 2008, 06:30 AM
too many useless features for me...scrobbler? i dont need that. i just want something simple that can play audio and video...something (dont flame me) along the lines of itunes or wmp. something without its own web browser(songbird). something fast, easy and good looking. (and nobody make any your mom jokes)

OutOfReach
August 23rd, 2008, 06:33 AM
Eh well I didn't have such a great time with Amarok before, but if Amarok can really impress me this time I would switch to it. But in the mean time, I'll use Banshee. :)

PurposeOfReason
August 23rd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Sonata > all

Simplicity is all you need. No curves (see amarok top bar) that do nothing except confuse you.

ghindo
August 23rd, 2008, 07:53 AM
too many useless features for me...scrobbler? i dont need that. i just want something simple that can play audio and video...something (dont flame me) along the lines of itunes or wmp. something without its own web browser(songbird). something fast, easy and good looking. (and nobody make any your mom jokes)I was going to flame you but then I read that you wrote "dont flame me" so now here we are :)

SunnyRabbiera
August 23rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
I dont get the re design crap, couldn't they just normally port the KDE3 app to KDE4?
I mean thats how konqueror is, its not that different then it is in KDE3

awakatanka
August 23rd, 2008, 08:41 AM
I dont get the re design crap, couldn't they just normally port the KDE3 app to KDE4?
I mean thats how konqueror is, its not that different then it is in KDE3

Sure stay still en never go better thats the way to go, because it may confuse people.:lolflag:

rudihawk
August 23rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
too many useless features for me...scrobbler? i dont need that. i just want something simple that can play audio and video...something (dont flame me) along the lines of itunes or wmp. something without its own web browser(songbird). something fast, easy and good looking. (and nobody make any your mom jokes)

Banshee?

andrek
August 23rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Sonata > all

Simplicity is all you need. No curves (see amarok top bar) that do nothing except confuse you.

Totally agree. Sonata does everything I need, nothing more - which means it's fast, light and looks awesome.

Canis familiaris
August 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
gapless playback eh? The new amarok looks really promising. Hopefully it runs nicely outside of kde4.

+1

sharks
August 23rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
i hope its great.

picpak
August 23rd, 2008, 02:59 PM

Consanance? (http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=442)

lzfy
August 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
You can't see it in the screenshot but you can actually add plasmoids to the empty area in the middle. Plasmoids for video, last.fm, track info etc...