PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Flash player sound stops working when I use VLC

BrendanM
August 22nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Whenever I start using VLC to watch a video or listen to music, it breaks the sound on any flash content. Even if I pause VLC, or stop it, or even completely close VLC, there's no sound on any flash content. The only way to get it back is to close VLC and then completely restart Firefox.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ubuntu-freak
August 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
Which version of Flash Player do you have installed? I recommend you give v10 RC a try. Installation instructions are in the troubleshooting section of my howto (ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683).

Alternatively, or in conjunction, you could revert from PulseAudio to ALSA, by taking a look at the following howto (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885437).

BrendanM
August 23rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Sweet, thanks. Those both look like very promising suggestions and I will try them. When was this PulseAudio thing added?

BrendanM
August 23rd, 2008, 01:16 AM
Sweet, I followed the guide to switch back to ALSA and it worked great. Thanks for the help.

ubuntu-freak
August 23rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
Sweet, I followed the guide to switch back to ALSA and it worked great. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome. :)