PDA

View Full Version : If you were to start up a web design company...

Sand & Mercury
August 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
...what would you call it?

That's the situation I'm in now and I'm at an utter loss as to names to give it. Preferably as a broad guide, I'd be after something to give the idea of a kind of earthy, nature-y theme. Originally I was going to call it 'Sage' until I found there's 100,000 other studios with that exact name.

Anyone got anything to suggest?

billgoldberg
August 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
...what would you call it?

That's the situation I'm in now and I'm at an utter loss as to names to give it. Preferably as a broad guide, I'd be after something to give the idea of a kind of earthy, nature-y theme. Originally I was going to call it 'Sage' until I found there's 100,000 other studios with that exact name.

Anyone got anything to suggest?

"sand and mercury"?

I like that name.

ICEcoffee
August 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
'Leafy bug studios'

I remember this from an Eddie Murphy film, filled with his usual humor.

Sand & Mercury
August 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
"sand and mercury"?

I like that name.
That actually would work quite well :shock:

The answers really are hidden in plain sight sometimes... cheers!

regomodo
August 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
#

VitaLiNux
August 23rd, 2008, 02:04 AM
WebStar Studios, LLC

VitaLiNux
August 23rd, 2008, 02:14 AM
WebStar Studios, LLC

I'm quoting myself here because I need to tell you why I suggest this name:

Well, you need a name that makes anyone aware of wich kind of business is this. Thus when people hear "Web" they relate it with some kind of internet service and "Star"=something 'premium', see? And "Studios" gives to it a sense of a good, serious business that really promises and delivers the way it's meant to be :) .

spupy
August 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I'm quoting myself here because I need to tell you why I suggest this name:

Well, you need a name that makes anyone aware of wich kind of business is this. Thus when people hear "Web" they relate it with some kind of internet service and "Star"=something 'premium', see? And "Studios" gives to it a sense of a good, serious business that really promises and delivers the way it's meant to be :) .

...but when combined sound generic!

Sand & Mercury
+1

Lostincyberspace
August 23rd, 2008, 04:47 AM
"QuickSilver site design"

With a logo that feature's a large QS with maybe a silvery blob behind them.

Well that is if I were you, for me I already chose another name but we had poor implementation so it folded quickly. It was before we even had customers so it wasn't to bad we werent in the hole or any thing just not able to devote the needed time.

Sand & Mercury
September 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM
I did end up going with using my username as the title, and my site is now live. See link in my sig... thanks everyone for your input! :D