PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Duel boot with Vista single HDD Asus M5

RedPandaFox
August 22nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Getting my new Asus M5 today, 250GB HDD that is split into 2, half as C: and the other as D:/Data as default.

I was wondering how hard it is to duel boot with Visa? I will be using the D: for my Ubuntu, I have heard a lot of people complaining about dual booting with Vista but I want to know is there any real reason it shouldn't work, or at least make it hard for me.

Also, if I have a problem, say I wipe Vista completely, and I call Microsoft to reactivate my key, I know they don't support Dual boots with anything but Microsoft but is there any reason they may refuse my request to reactivate because I was trying to dual boot Linux?

Partyboi2
August 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
There a plenty of guides around that explain how to dual boot vista with Ubuntu. You shouldn't have to much of a problem if any. Its pretty straight forward to install dual boot. Here (http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_linux_vista_installed_f irst.htm) is a how-to you can follow.

Also, if I have a problem, say I wipe Vista completely, and I call Microsoft to reactivate my key, I know they don't support Dual boots with anything but Microsoft but is there any reason they may refuse my request to reactivate because I was trying to dual boot Linux?
You shouldn't have a problem. I dual boot and have never had a problem with activation of windows.