PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Userbar

lavarock09
November 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Everyone...

Everyone who uses ubuntu should have this userbar I made in their sig...

http://www.m3xvv.co.uk/Userbars/ubuntu.gif

BWF89
November 13th, 2005, 01:48 PM
That's pretty nice.

Malphas
November 13th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Is it just me or is the gradient a little jagged and uneven? Other than that, very nice. This is exactly the type of style I'm trying to get to grips with for web design.

Orunitia
November 13th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I don't understand what's with all these "* user" sigs. I'm seeing them everywhere I go.

Anyways, it looks good.

Stormy Eyes
November 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hey Everyone...

Everyone who uses ubuntu should have this userbar I made in their sig...

http://www.m3xvv.co.uk/Userbars/ubuntu.gif

No thanks. Just about everybody posting here is an ubuntu user, and most other forums don't allow images. Besides, it seems a bit like zealotry to wear one's OS on one's virtual sleeve.

Malphas
November 13th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Way to act like a prick, Stormy. ;)

Stormy Eyes
November 13th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Way to act like a prick, Stormy. ;)

*sigh* When exactly did saying, "No, thanks" become "acting like a prick"?

lavarock09
November 13th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Yes I know about everyone here is an Ubuntu user, but use it on other forums...

And thanks everyone

Luggy
November 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Is it just me or is the gradient a little jagged and uneven? Other than that, very nice. This is exactly the type of style I'm trying to get to grips with for web design.

Yeah it does look rather uneven.
Still nice though.

zodium
November 13th, 2005, 07:52 PM
No thanks. Just about everybody posting here is an ubuntu user, and most other forums don't allow images. Besides, it seems a bit like zealotry to wear one's OS on one's virtual sleeve.

Most other forums allow you to use images. At least the ones I go to do.

Not to be sassy, but I don't understand the recent obsession with gradients. Is this one of those WEB 2.0 AJAX WOOO things I've been hearing about?

TravisNewman
November 13th, 2005, 09:17 PM
images in signatures are one of the worst things to happen to the internet. ;)

I'm serious.

Ever try going to a forum where almost everyone has one? It takes forever to load even on broadband. Not worth that turmoil.

And some constructive criticism, this image doesn't really look like most of the official artwork. The gradient isn't bad, but the stripes don't agree with me.

Sorry for not saying anything positive ;)

`GooZ´
November 13th, 2005, 10:16 PM
images in signatures are one of the worst things to happen to the internet. ;)
I agree totally. It got so far with me on some forums, that I just subscribed to the e-mail or RSS feed, and approached the forums in text-only mode. Horrible!

lavarock09
November 13th, 2005, 10:25 PM
And some constructive criticism, this image doesn't really look like most of the official artwork. The gradient isn't bad, but the stripes don't agree with me.

The stripe are part of the userbar style

Sorry for not saying anything positive ;)

No Problem, that was the point of posting it here

ow50
November 13th, 2005, 11:44 PM
I always completely disable forum signatures. I don't see the relevance of reading wacky quotes at the end of every post. Images in signatures are especially bad, because they seriously disturb readability.

On many fora you can disable images in signatures or at least signatures alltogether. If not here's a greasemonkey script for phpBB forums
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~esudbi/greasemonkeyscripts/#phpbbsighider

PatrickMay16
November 13th, 2005, 11:51 PM
I agree with this. It's one thing to mention Ubuntu if, say, your friend if having spyware problems and is generally sick of windows or something, and you mention Ubuntu. But to go around talking about it wherever you go is another.

johnyz
February 19th, 2006, 05:07 PM
one here that nobodi is usin