PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Media player that sorts automagically?

nuttycc
August 21st, 2008, 10:08 PM
(I'm not 100% sure if I've this in the correct place, but it seemed the least-daft :P)

I'm struggling to find a music player that will keep my music folder organized like iTunes does, so when I import something it will copy the file into ~/Music/Artist/Album. For me this is really important as it's a lot easier to backup, and also is easier for accessing over networks and the such.

tech9
August 21st, 2008, 10:12 PM
(I'm not 100% sure if I've this in the correct place, but it seemed the least-daft :P)

I'm struggling to find a music player that will keep my music folder organized like iTunes does, so when I import something it will copy the file into ~/Music/Artist/Album. For me this is really important as it's a lot easier to backup, and also is easier for accessing over networks and the such.

Rhythmbox does the trick for me :)

nuttycc
August 21st, 2008, 10:16 PM
Rhythmbox does the trick for me :)

So if I were to drag and drop a load of unsorted mp3s into Rhythmbox, it'd copy them into the correct places in the Music folder?

tech9
August 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
So if I were to drag and drop a load of unsorted mp3s into Rhythmbox, it'd copy them into the correct places in the Music folder?

no... it sorts what ever mp3 into alphabetical order by name or you can specific artist - I guess I wasn't reading your post correctly.