PDA

View Full Version : Forum Code Of Conduct

ibob
August 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hi guys,

I need a code of conduct for a forum that I host. I am big fan of the code of conduct that you have.

http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

It is really well written and to the point. It appears to have a Creative Commons license on it - however, I was not sure whether I was allowed to based my Code on Conduct on it or is it copyright vbulletin or Canonical?

Thanks for your help,
Yours,

James

schauerlich
August 22nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
I took it and adapted it for our forums... hopefully that wasn't illegal.

Oldsoldier2003
August 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
The content of the forums is CC licensed and I'm pretty sure that the CoC is one of those items that is covered. Though I can only bring this up for an administrator to review, as long as you follow the CC license and attribute the work as a derivative it would not be a big deal. After all this is the Ubuntu Forums :)

I'll make a note of this thread and see if there is anything else that needs to be said :)

matthew
August 23rd, 2008, 01:45 AM
as long as you follow the CC license and attribute the work as a derivative it would not be a big deal.
This is correct. All you would need to do is add a line saying something like, "This code of conduct was adapted from the one found at http://... "

Best wishes!

-grubby
August 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
I took it and adapted it for our forums... hopefully that wasn't illegal.

Well, now it isn't illegal, because I added a note for us

LaRoza
August 23rd, 2008, 04:55 AM
Well, now it isn't illegal, because I added a note for us

You stole our Code! EDavidBurg must be a very 1447 hax0r to get our secret Code!

schauerlich
August 23rd, 2008, 04:59 AM
You stole our Code! EDavidBurg must be a very 1447 hax0r to get our secret Code!

The leetest of the leet!

LaRoza
August 23rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
The leetest of the leet!

You must be that one I heard about from IRC! You ran a "whois" query. Brilliant!

schauerlich
August 23rd, 2008, 05:06 AM
You must be that one I heard about from IRC! You ran a "whois" query. Brilliant!

That guy was mean to someone who wanted to hack web securities. I think he broke the CoC, like, 5 times. I'm purely whitehat.