PDA

View Full Version : Customization advise required. please help

global citizen
August 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
I want to customize Ubuntu for myself and wish to recreate the customized iso to burn it on a cd so I could use it whenever i want. I just want to customize the distro name, color and music from everywhere. Please if someone advise me the easiest way to do this because i am a newbie and dont have tech knowledge. :confused:

LaRoza
August 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
See the sticky devoted to this in Other OS Talk ;)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=852868

global citizen
August 21st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Actually I saw the link you have given me before but I dont know which of the many options there are best for my case. "Custom Ubuntu Live CD" seems a very difficult process. "Remastersys" and "Reconstructor" look easy especially Reconstructor looks easy but I dont know if it works perfectly or leaves some errors behind. So I need adivses from everyone here. Because I dont want to completely change everything; I just want to change distro name, color scheme and music from everywhere such as splash screens loading screens etc etc. It should remain the same Ubuntu OS in terms of performance after these changes so it works error free. Also this work can be done on Windows or on Ubuntu? If someone informs me which program to use and how, this little infomation would make me able get my job done. :guitar: