PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Login sound gets cut off every time

Ubuntiac
August 21st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi all,

I have Kubuntu + KDE 4.1 on three different computers and all three are cutting off the login sound before it finishes.

Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks!

carolinason
August 23rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
My install of KDE 4.1 was doing this and then it started working, not sure why, but I was playing with the system sounds.

Check the sound in K->System Settings->Notifications->Event source = KDE System Notifications - Login

See if the sound file will play there.

maniheer
August 23rd, 2008, 08:27 AM
I have that with KDEmod on Arch. I just ignore it because every other sound works :)

Ubuntiac
August 30th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I tried on all three computers, and they all play the sound fine from the system settings -> notification area, but bork every time logging in.

@maniheer - I was prepared to just ignore it, too, but to my wife this is a bigger irritation than the odd X breakage I've had to fix. In her mind, X breaking, I come in and fix it straight away and it goes away, where this is something that makes her log in "discordant" every time. ("Discordant" is very bad for her ;)) Anyway, I guess this is a long way of saying, yes, I understand it's minor, but in terms of wife points it's a major. :)

rlelliott
December 13th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I tried on all three computers, and they all play the sound fine from the system settings -> notification area, but bork every time logging in.

@maniheer - I was prepared to just ignore it, too, but to my wife this is a bigger irritation than the odd X breakage I've had to fix. In her mind, X breaking, I come in and fix it straight away and it goes away, where this is something that makes her log in "discordant" every time. ("Discordant" is very bad for her ;)) Anyway, I guess this is a long way of saying, yes, I understand it's minor, but in terms of wife points it's a major. :)

Add about 2 seconds of silence to the end of your startup sound, should fix the problem. I used audacity to add the silence.