View Full Version : [all variants] mt-daapd: iTunes connects to share but no files served

August 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM

I successfully managed to get mt-daapd to set up a shared library to which my windows itunes client could connect. Unfortunately, mt-daapd is not serving any files even after multiple full scans and my chmod 777 of the host directory.

What gives? I'd be glad to post any relevant info that could be needed.

August 21st, 2008, 06:59 PM

I just noticed that the WebUI is giving me a "Service: Bonjour Stopped" message even though i have avahi-daemon running.

Could this be part of the problem?

August 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM

I think, that if Avahi/Bonjour isn't running/working, iTunes can't even see your share.
Also, remember, that iTunes is doing the actual playing of your media files. Rememeber, that they have to be in a format that iTunes can read. It won't play ogg files without a patch for instance.

September 3rd, 2008, 01:50 AM
I think iTunes does something to make this not work with anything other than another copy of iTunes. I've just found a great alternative called SimplifyMedia - http://www.simplifymedia.com/ . It works with iTunes on Windows and Mac and Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 8.04. Works like a charm for me.