PDA

View Full Version : Health and UMPCs

jeyaganesh
August 21st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Hi,
Most of us work or surf on computer for long hours. People like should not use UMPCs with very small monitor for long time.

Because you have to shrink your eyes to see those monitor than the normal monitors. It will give you eye pain, sleeping problem and further problems.

So dont use UMPCs for long time works. Use it only in your travel or when you are outside your home and office.

Dremora
August 21st, 2008, 08:03 AM
Meh, the only people that will complain about what you mentioned are the class action lawsuit trolls that go around saying they want a million dollars because they turned their ipod up too loud.

Takmadeus
August 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Because you have to shrink your eyes to see those monitor than the normal monitors. It will give you eye pain, sleeping problem and further problems.

Why do you say this? do you have any evidence based review that support this?

Seeing small fonts may be a little bit more difficult than using a big monitor, but that does not mean your eyes will wear out.

Trust me man, I am in the medicine field, and i can assure you that it is no different (physiologically speaking) than trying to read something that is far away

And as a UMPC user (I have an Eee 701) I can affirm that it does not get your eyes tired.

jeyaganesh
August 21st, 2008, 08:56 AM
My friend had smaller screen laptop. I had 14" one. When I used to use my friend's laptop, I feel, I had to shrink my eyes when seeing videos and browsing websites. Thats why I feel if you use such small monitors long hours, it might give eye pain.:popcorn:

hellion0
August 21st, 2008, 09:03 AM
If it's set at a proper resolution/DPI, I don't see how a UMPC could cause eye strain or any other eye damage.

gn2
August 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Using the screen of a netbook is no more likely to strain your eyes than reading a paperback book.

Takmadeus
August 25th, 2008, 12:25 PM
My friend had smaller screen laptop. I had 14" one. When I used to use my friend's laptop, I feel, I had to shrink my eyes when seeing videos and browsing websites. Thats why I feel if you use such small monitors long hours, it might give eye pain.

Nothing a couple of eyedrops cannot fix ;)

3rdalbum
August 25th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I've seen 15-inch notebooks with the resolution set so high that the text is tiny. Whereas the subnotebooks usually use 640x480 or 800x600 resolution, so the text is still an appropriate size.

Ub1476
August 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I suggest everyone roll their eyes (up, down, left, right) to use the eye muscles when using the comp for a long time. It's not very healthy to stare at something no matter the size for a long time.